Translated PPT file slide layout changed
Thread poster: Umang Dholabhai

Umang Dholabhai  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 21:37
English to Gujarati
+ ...
Nov 8, 2009

I am a novice Trados user, I had this ppt to translate which I did using the tag editor. All went on well till I cleaned and saw the end result. The source file had a vertical slide layout, whereas this translated file contained all the slides in landscape layout. Not only that, the background colors and graphics too went missing. I am not able to trace where I went wrong. Could any one please help out. I used the Trados 2007 Freelance version for this job. I tried to locate the solution in the forum topics to no avail. On searching SDL Support, there was a mention of one Powerpoint 2007 hotfix, I am wondering if that would be useful for this particular challenge. I use 2007 MS Office.

Direct link Reply with quote

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:07
English to Polish
PPT or PPTX? Nov 8, 2009

Umang Dholabhai wrote:

I am a novice Trados user, I had this ppt to translate which I did using the tag editor. All went on well till I cleaned and saw the end result. The source file had a vertical slide layout, whereas this translated file contained all the slides in landscape layout. Not only that, the background colors and graphics too went missing. I am not able to trace where I went wrong. Could any one please help out. I used the Trados 2007 Freelance version for this job. I tried to locate the solution in the forum topics to no avail. On searching SDL Support, there was a mention of one Powerpoint 2007 hotfix, I am wondering if that would be useful for this particular challenge. I use 2007 MS Office.

If you translated PPT, try saving it as PPTX and converting/translating again. I have seen strange things happening to PPT files with non-standard features.

Umang Dholabhai  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 21:37
English to Gujarati
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorted out the challenge partly Nov 9, 2009

Thanks Wojciech. I tried the post processing with Studio 2009 too. It did not work. I realize now that the theme of the PowerPoint file is not adopted by the software into the target save. I did that manually and could get the theme colors back, though I could not succeed in converting it to the potrait layout from the landscape mode of the translated file.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translated PPT file slide layout changed

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search