https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/150439-cannot_connect_to_multiterm_anywhere.html

Cannot connect to Multiterm Anywhere
Thread poster: Dennis Boffy
Dennis Boffy
Dennis Boffy
Denmark
Local time: 09:06
English to Danish
+ ...
Nov 9, 2009

Hi all,

As we have probably all found out by now, SDL is trying to force the whole translation sector to buy the new version of Trados by making it totally incompatible with previous versions. I have long since regretted my purchase of the upgrade, and since none of my customers are upgrading, I have been forced to uninstall Multiterm 2009 and re-install Multiterm 2007, as the 2009 version is not compatible with my customers' existing Multiterm Anywhere software.

Anyway
... See more
Hi all,

As we have probably all found out by now, SDL is trying to force the whole translation sector to buy the new version of Trados by making it totally incompatible with previous versions. I have long since regretted my purchase of the upgrade, and since none of my customers are upgrading, I have been forced to uninstall Multiterm 2009 and re-install Multiterm 2007, as the 2009 version is not compatible with my customers' existing Multiterm Anywhere software.

Anyway, after my downgrade I am receiving a series of error messages when trying to log on to my customers' Multiterm Anywhere servers in Workbench (2007 Suite version).

I either get this message: "(-2146233087) There was no end point listening at (server address) which can accept the message. This is often caused by an erroneous address or SOAP action. You can find more information under InnerException." I translated this message from Danish (except "InnerException").

or this one: "(50505) You have been disconnected from the current server TM." This message appears in English.

The former message is also displayed each time I search in the Multiterm desktop application on the same servers, but strangely, the search is performed anyway and if the term exists, it is found in the term list on the left, but not highlighted, so I need to click on it myself to see the translation.

I have tried with two different addresses for two different customers, and the problem is the same with both addresses. I have tried disabling my firewall, but it makes no difference. I have tried adding and removing "http://" in front of the address and the slash after the address, but it makes no difference (it does seem, however, that this is the determining factor in which of the two error messages I receive). I have searched in SDL's troubleshooting database and I have tried Google, but I cannot find any information about this problem. Now I hope that someone here can help!
Collapse

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:06
French to Polish
+ ...
Beta Nov 9, 2009

Dennis Boffy wrote:

Anyway, after my downgrade I am receiving a series of error messages when trying to log on to my customers' Multiterm Anywhere servers in Workbench (2007 Suite version).
quote]

It may be difficult to reinstall MT 2007 correctly.

Contact the support and/or the beta test team.
A module for MT2007 compatibility is being tested.
It works well locally, maybe if you propose 'em to test the MT Anywhere function...

Cheers
GG

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot connect to Multiterm Anywhere

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »