Trados 7 - QA checker error message
Thread poster: Heather Milligan
Heather Milligan
Local time: 22:17
German to English
Nov 9, 2009

Hi folks,

Has anyone ever seen the following error message when trying to run the QA checker verifier in TagEditor?

"(-2146828197): Object variable or with block variable not set"

It prevents the QA checker from verifying the text.

Any tips or experience people can offer would be much appreciated!

Heather

Direct link Reply with quote

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Reregister components Nov 9, 2009

Heather Milligan wrote:

Has anyone ever seen the following error message when trying to run the QA checker verifier in TagEditor?

"(-2146828197): Object variable or with block variable not set"

It prevents the QA checker from verifying the text.

Any tips or experience people can offer would be much appreciated!

First of all, close all the Trados applications and reregister the Trados components (see the command in the Start menu).
HTH.

Cheers
GG

Heather Milligan
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
All others work Nov 10, 2009

Thanks so much for your input! I haven't tried that yet, but I must confess I am a bit hestitant about its likelihood of success as this error message only comes up with use on 1 document in 50. All the rest of the time it works fine, so I tend to think it might be an issue with that document.

I haven't found anything obvious in the document, unfortunately, and the error message itself doesn't give me much of a starting point.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 - QA checker error message

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search