Backing up TM in Trados
Thread poster: Karl Strand

Karl Strand  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:35
English to French
+ ...
Nov 10, 2009

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered, but I couldn't fin anything related to this on the forum.
I would like to back up my TMs on a USB in case of hard disk failure. Is it possible? and how do you do it?
Thank you.

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
just drag and drop to your USB drive Nov 10, 2009

Karl Strand wrote:

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered, but I couldn't fin anything related to this on the forum.
I would like to back up my TMs on a USB in case of hard disk failure. Is it possible? and how do you do it?
Thank you.

That is what I do to keep my TMS ready and portable. Brandis

Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:35
French to English
+ ...
Copy and paste Nov 10, 2009

Simple - just copy the folder(s) that contain your TMs and paste them onto the USB drive.

Karl Strand  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks... Nov 10, 2009

... Jeremy.
Being new at Trados -- and translations -- I wondered if there was anything more involved than this.
Karl Strand

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Backing up TM in Trados

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search