Identifying corruptions in TMs
Thread poster: Derrick Healy

Derrick Healy
Local time: 04:43
Nov 10, 2009

Hi

Does anyone know of any tools or processes to quickly identify and remove corrupt segments in large TMs ?

thanks

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:43
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Which database format? Nov 10, 2009

Derrick Healy wrote:

Hi

Does anyone know of any tools or processes to quickly identify and remove corrupt segments in large TMs ?

thanks

If you mean TMX, you can use the free TMX Validator from Maxprograms. It will point you to places which do not conform with the TMX standard.

You can fix the TMX file in a good text editor or an XML editor.

Regards,

Piotr

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
Identifying corruptions in TMs Nov 10, 2009

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

Derrick Healy wrote:

Hi

thanks

If you mean TMX, you can use the free TMX Validator from Maxprograms. It will point you to places which do not conform with the TMX standard.

You can fix the TMX file in a good text editor or an XML editor.

Regards,

Piotr

Hi , Piotr: in this context I would like to ask you if TMX validator locates the errors or if it only shows that the memory is not valid? I remember to have used this application many years ago, but it only indicated that the memory was not valid.

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Name coincidence? Nov 10, 2009

Pablo Bouvier wrote:
Hi , Piotr: in this context I would like to ask you if TMX validator locates the errors or if it only shows that the memory is not valid? I remember to have used this application many years ago, but it only indicated that the memory was not valid.

I also remember using TMXValidator many years ago, but Maxprograms didn't exist then (as far as I can tell), so it must have been a tool from a different vendor.

TMXValidator from Maxprograms will point you to the line where the error is.

Here is the link: http://www.maxprograms.com/products/tmxvalidator.html

Caveat: It make take time with very large TMX files.

Regards,

Piotr

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
Identifying corruptions in TMs Nov 10, 2009

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

Pablo Bouvier wrote:

I also remember using TMXValidator many years ago, but Maxprograms didn't exist then (as far as I can tell), so it must have been a tool from a different vendor.

TMXValidator from Maxprograms will point you to the line where the error is.

Here is the link: http://www.maxprograms.com/products/tmxvalidator.html

Caveat: It make take time with very large TMX files.

Regards,

Piotr

Thanks a lot, Piotr. I guess you are right; maybe it was a LISA or another vendor tool. Have a nice time.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Identifying corruptions in TMs

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search