https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/150569-trados_2009_sp1_error_by_saving_target_%22object_reference.html

Trados 2009 SP1 Error by saving target: "object reference
Thread poster: Anne LJ
Anne LJ
Anne LJ
Local time: 07:17
Spanish to French
+ ...
Nov 11, 2009

Urgent help needed please. I have just translated a big document (35000 words) and I can't save the target....

It was an xml document. All was ok during all theses days of translation but now when I want to save the target, following message appears:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Nevertheless, part of the target has been saved, when the target text stops, following message appears:

"No se puede mostrar la página XML
... See more
Urgent help needed please. I have just translated a big document (35000 words) and I can't save the target....

It was an xml document. All was ok during all theses days of translation but now when I want to save the target, following message appears:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Nevertheless, part of the target has been saved, when the target text stops, following message appears:

"No se puede mostrar la página XML
No se puede ver la entrada XML con la hoja de estilo XSL. Corrija el error y haga clic en el botón Actualizar, o inténtelo de nuevo más tarde.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Las siguientes etiquetas no estaban cerradas: ORDER, JOB, DESCRIPTION_LONG. Error al procesar el recurso file:///C:/Users/U...

indent:-2em"> Set de recharge
kkraxmas09
"

Sorry it's in spanish. Automatic translation:

"Can not display page
Can not view XML input XML with XSL style sheet. Correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.
-------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------
The following tags were not closed: ORDER JOB DESCRIPTION_LONG.Error processing resource 'file: / / / C: / Users / U. .."

Many thanks in advance. It's total stress this morning..

Kind regards

Anne
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
XML Entities Nov 11, 2009

Hi Anne,
this happened to me once when I had Trados convert CE characters into entities. So the "š" character, for example, would display as "ampersandscaron;". The XML could then not be opened in Internet Explorer.
So, if your INI or SDLFILETYPE files have the "Convert entities" option switched on, please switch it off, retranslate the XML, re-save and try again.

Anne LJ
Anne LJ
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
XML Entities Nov 11, 2009

It has worked... So many thanks to you Stanislav. You have saved my job and my life today!!

Have a nice day.

Regards

Anne

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
:) Nov 11, 2009

Hi Anne,
I'm glad it has worked.

Kind regards.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 SP1 Error by saving target: "object reference

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »