SDL Edit does not show TM results
Thread poster: casey

casey
United States
Local time: 23:21
Japanese to English
Nov 12, 2009

I recently bought a new computer with Windows 7 and installed SDL Trados 2007 on it. Now when I'm working on a file, nothing shows up in the TM results window or the TM Difference View window unless I have a 100% match. The fuzzy matches are colored green, but nothing shows up in those windows. Am I missing a setting or something?

Direct link Reply with quote

Annelise Meyer  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:21
English to French
+ ...
Set up your TM options Nov 12, 2009

Hi Casey,

maybe you should set up your options so the fuzzies show in the TM results window: there are plenty of options to set up in the tabs of the Options window (select Tools>Options). You might also want to read the user's guide for a complete description of all the options available (many of them quite convenient!).

Cheers,
Annelise

casey
United States
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but... Nov 12, 2009

Thanks, Annelise, but try as I may, I cannot find an option to display the fuzzies in the TM results window. Do you know of such an option? I know that on my old computer they are displayed, and I do not remember changing any settings to get them there.

casey
United States
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Perhaps I am not working with the latest TM Nov 12, 2009

I may not have the latest TM, so I will ask the client. Perhaps that is the reason the fuzzies aren't showing up...

France
English to French
+ ...
sorry Nov 13, 2009

Hi Casey,

I am sorry I did not follow up on this forum... Did you manage to get the right TM in the end?
If not, you might want to open the TM in maintain and simply look for some of the fuzzies showing in your ITD to make sure they are there. If you find them, then maybe you just have to re-index your TM (Tools>Indexing in Maintain I think) before re-opening it in Edit.
But I hope everything's fine by now!

Annelise

casey
United States
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
No luck Nov 18, 2009

Hi Annelise,

It's not the memory, because I just tried it again, and things that are showing up as fuzzies based on translations in the current file do not show in the difference window, either. Something is definitely wrong. What is Maintain? I do not see that in my SDL folder.

casey
United States
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Found it. Nov 18, 2009

It was Tools->Options->Translation Memory->Minimum Match Value. I changed that from 100% to 70% and it started displaying properly. Why would this be set to 100% by default? Oh, well. Anyway, it's working now as desired. Thanks for your help, Annelise.

France
English to French
+ ...
Options Nov 18, 2009

Hi Casey,

Yes like I told you in a previous post, there are man useful options in SDLX, many of which are set by default to values that are not helpful as is. You might want to check the auto-propagate values as well (in the auto-propagate tab in the same window) so as to make sure you've got an optimal setup. Good luck for your work!

Annelise

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Edit does not show TM results

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search