Paula S  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:34
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
Nov 12, 2009

Hi All,

I am currently translating a Word document in which virtually all sentences are followed by a reference number (e.g. "(...) in most cases.1")

My Translator's Workbench (Trados 2007) is not recognizing the full stop as the end of the segment, since it is followed by a number. I tried to figure out what needed to be changed in the "segmentation rules" tab, but did not manage to solve my problem. Can anyone help me?

Thanks a loticon_smile.gif
Paula

Dominic Currie  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2008)
Italian to English
segmentation rules in Trados 2007 Feb 4, 2010

Hi Paula,
I know it's bit late, but I came across your question as I was trying to figure out how do the same thing as you i.e. get trados to recognise the full stop after a number.

Anyway, if you didn't manage to figure it out, you need to go in Workbench to File > Setup then click on the "Segmentation Rules" tab and check the box "Number stop".

Dominic

[Edited at 2010-02-04 16:33 GMT]

Paula S  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
better late than never ;) Feb 4, 2010

Hi Dominic,

Thank you very much for posting your answer, as I hadn't figured it out at all! I can't believe the answer was that simpleicon_smile.gif
Thanks again!
Paula

André Stryger
Local time: 22:34
English to Norwegian
Can't get number stop to work Apr 9, 2010

I'm using Trados 8.3.0.863 and when I check Number stop, it still segments for example "This is Word 2. And this is not." as one segment and not two.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

segmentation rules in trados 2007

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search