Thread poster: Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:54
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Nov 13, 2009

Hello,

I run Trados 8.3.0.863 (Build 863) and I'm finding the automated translation feature quite useful in a big automotive manual I'm translating (I know, hard to believe, but it's true!)... this feature is about to expire (in two days time) and I'm wondering if anybody has managed to renew it or if it is possible to renew it at all. I've searched the net and the Trados website, but I have found no info whatsoever... anybody knows anything about this?

G

[Edited at 2009-11-13 11:26 GMT]

Miguel Garcia Lopez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:54
English to French
+ ...
In the same situation Nov 13, 2009

Hello Giovanni,

I'm in the same situation than you and I was going to post it as well in Proz.com.
Looking forward to knowing what to do...

Miguel.

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:54
Member (2004)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
newz... Nov 16, 2009

I used the chat feature after logging into my SDL account to talk to a support guy and then he e-mailed me the info... This is SDL Support's reply:

"Thanks for contacting us. The Automated Translation Feature was limited to one year. If you upgrade you will receive it again with no expiry time to use it in 2009 Studio"

Basically, I have to upgrade from Trados Suite 2007 to Studio 2009... I would be paying £112.00 + VAT, which is reasonable... also I would be getting the auto suggest feature for free, which, apparently, normally costs 200 euro!

G

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 - automated translation (beta) about to expire

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search