Do you want to save the changes to MultiTerm7??
Thread poster: KatjaV
KatjaV  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 11:10
French to Finnish
+ ...
Nov 13, 2009

Hi, I have a following problem: I am using Word 2003, Trados 7 Freelance and Trados MultiTerm 7. Whenever I want to close Word, I get a message: Do you want to save the changes to MultiTerm7? Then I answer "no", only after which I can close the application. I hardly ever use MultiTerm, by the way. Someone told me this is a problem with templates and that I should save the Trados.dot and MultiTerm.dot into the same folder. But this didn't help, I still get this message. I can also see in Tools-Templates and Add-ins, that bot Trados.dot and MultiTerm.dot are checked. I tried to uncheck the MultiTerm.dot but it keeps coming back every time I reopen Word. My Word is also very slow and sometimes I cannot open Word-files at all, they just appear as grey. Normally after several tries I can.

Can anybody tell me what I should do, I would really appreciate it! Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 10:10
English to Czech
+ ...
Move MultiTerm7.dot into a different folder Nov 13, 2009

Hi,
if you don't use the MultiTerm teplate, I suggest that you locate MultiTerm7.dot on your hard-drive and move it to a different folder, such as BACKUP, and only copy it back if you need it. The problem should be gone then.

Finland
French to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tried that Nov 13, 2009

[Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Hi,
if you don't use the MultiTerm teplate, I suggest that you locate MultiTerm7.dot on your hard-drive and move it to a different folder, such as BACKUP, and only copy it back if you need it. The problem should be gone then. ]

Hi Stanislav,
Thanks, I tried this, moved MultiTerm7.dot to a Backup-folder on C: drive but still get the same message, even after reboot. Any ideas?

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Have you checked SDL Knowledge base? Nov 14, 2009

katerina100 wrote:

Hi Stanislav,
Thanks, I tried this, moved MultiTerm7.dot to a Backup-folder on C: drive but still get the same message, even after reboot. Any ideas?

Hi, Katerina,

There are a couple of articles about issue with the templates in the SDL knowledge base. Have you had a look at them?

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2086&p=1

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2486&p=1

Daniel

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Copied? Moved? Folder? Nov 14, 2009

Hi Katerina,
did you move, or copy that file? From which folder did you move it? Could you give me the path, please?

Finland
French to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Moved it Nov 14, 2009

Hi Katerina,
did you move, or copy that file? From which folder did you move it? Could you give me the path, please?]

Hi,
I moved the dot.file from c:\Documents and settings\owner\desktop\Trados7Freelance\Template into c:\Backup. It should not be copied anywhere else anymore.

Thanks, Daniel, too, I will check those SDL support -pages as soon as I have some spare time.

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Check one more folder Nov 14, 2009

Hi Katerina,
please check if there's one more .dot file in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 11\Startup. If so, please delete that file.

Finland
French to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Only PDFMaker.dot Nov 14, 2009

Hi Katerina,
please check if there's one more .dot file in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 11\Startup. If so, please delete that file.]

Hi Stanislav,

There is only PDFMaker.dot in that folder (which by the way also bothers me sometimes)

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Try to move PDFMaker Nov 15, 2009

Hi Katerina,
try to move the PDF Maker template. It often clashes with the Trados macros.

Finland
French to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Where Nov 15, 2009

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Hi Katerina,
try to move the PDF Maker template. It often clashes with the Trados macros.

Hi Stanislav,

Where should I move it? Can it be in the same folder with MultiTerm7.dot or in a different one? Do I need PDFMaker.dot-template for something? I guess I need it if I want to convert Word-files into pdf? If this doesn't help, maybe I should completely reinstall Word...Thanks for help!

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Move it wherever you want Nov 15, 2009

Hi Katerina,
you can move it wherever you want and yes, it can be in the same folder as the MultiTerm7.dot file, if it's a backup folder.
You don't necessarily need the PDF Maker template to create PDFs from DOC files. You can use the PDF printer just as well: go to "File > Print..." and select the "Adobe PDF" printer from the "Printer Name" drop-down list.

Finland
French to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still same question Nov 16, 2009

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Hi Katerina,
you can move it wherever you want and yes, it can be in the same folder as the MultiTerm7.dot file, if it's a backup folder.

I moved it to the Backup-folder together with MultiTerm7.dot-file but still get the same message. (By Backup-folder, do you mean a copy of it should also be saved somewhere else? I don't have it elsewhere). My F-Secure-program is also asking me now if I should allow or deny the connection because application has changed since last time it was run. Should I allow it everytime I move a template like that (or deny)? I also still get the same question about saving changes to MultiTerm7.dot. I also tried to move PDFMaker.dot into another folder under c:\ but still same messages. It seems it doesn't change no matter where I move the template, sorry:(.

Razvan Ioan Trascu
English to Romanian
+ ...
"Read in" add-in for MS Word Jan 13, 2011

I had the same problem after installing Read in Microsoft Reader add-in for MSWord.
[http://www.microsoft.com/reader/developers/downloads/rmr.aspx]

Tried all of the above, none worked (in an attempt to have both installed).
Finally I uninstalled the add-in: worked like a charm.

Watch for conflicting MSWord add-ins.

(PS: I suppose you already solved the problem, but thought it might help smb else...)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do you want to save the changes to MultiTerm7??

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search