merging xml files with Trados glue
Thread poster: SonjaBerg

SonjaBerg
Local time: 12:41
English to German
Nov 17, 2009

Hi all

i do have a small problem:
I have 200 xml files to translate from EN to GER. The text to translate is mostly two, three lines.
I also have to print them and do proof reading and that is where the problem starts.

I can open each xml file with Framemaker 8 andprint it directly but when i merge those files with Trados Glue the glued Master file does not open in Framemaker any more.

Does anybody have a hint?
How can i reduce my costs on paper printing several smal xml files on one sheet of paper?

Sonja

almost forgot : i work on Trados Freelance 7.5

[Edited at 2009-11-17 20:00 GMT]

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Trados Glue makes TTX files, not XML Nov 18, 2009

SonjaBerg wrote:

Does anybody have a hint?
How can i reduce my costs on paper printing several smal xml files on one sheet of paper?

Sonja

When you merge with SDL Trados Glue you get one big TTX file. No surprise that Framemaker does not recognize the format.

There is a print command in Trados TagEditor. You could use a printer driver that prints to a PDF file, and then use the feature in Adobe Reader that allows you to print several logical pages on one sheet of paper.

HTH

Piotr

SonjaBerg
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
xml merging Nov 18, 2009

[/quote]

When you merge with SDL Trados Glue you get one big TTX file. No surprise that Framemaker does not recognize the format.

There is a print command in Trados TagEditor. You could use a printer driver that prints to a PDF file, and then use the feature in Adobe Reader that allows you to print several logical pages on one sheet of paper.

HTH

Piotr [/quote]

Halo

thanks for the answer.
I tried to print the xmls in Tageditor but the print command, as i read, is only for html files to be printed.
Still i have to open them the files individually in framemaker and make pdfs of them.

Could you tell me where is the option you spoke about in Adobe Reader that allows you to print several logical pages on one sheet of paper?

Sonja

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

merging xml files with Trados glue

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search