Problem opening SDL Trados Studio
Thread poster: Steve Yeadon
Steve Yeadon
Sweden
Local time: 21:32
Swedish to English
Nov 19, 2009

Even though I have opened and worked with Studio several times previously, when I tried to open it this morning it did not open normally. Instead the opening pane was headed by "This wizard will guide you through the process of setting up SDL Trados Studio for the first time". This has never happened before. The only way forward is to press the "Next" button, but I am very dubious to do this as I think it may delete my settings and I may lose work that I have underway in Studio. Any suggestions, anybody?

[Edited at 2009-11-19 10:19 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Probably no problem Nov 19, 2009

This has happened to me a couple of times (once was definitely related to re-installations), and I simply selected my languages again and no work or settings were lost. It is a bit worrying when it happens, but so far I've never lost anything.
I suppose you've installed SP1. Could it be since you've done that?

Steve Yeadon
Sweden
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Studio start problem Nov 19, 2009

Hi Emma

Thank you. Actually I lost patience and took the plunge before reading your response. As you say it was a false alarm. Only the minimal five (for some strange reason) languages had to be reset. No other repercussions as far as I can tell. Another lesson learned.

Steve

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem opening SDL Trados Studio

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search