Thread poster: Mike Levin

Mike Levin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:29
Member (2002)
Russian to Hebrew
+ ...
Nov 20, 2009

When opening in Powerpoint a Russian document done in TagEditor the text does appear in Cyrillic characters, yet the font name is changed to 0 ("zero"), with no possibility to change it to any other font in the drop-down list. Text in Latin characters is not affected. Any newly typed additional text is also not affected and will appear properly in any of the available fonts.

Using Tageditor 8.3.0.863 and PPT 2003.

Any ideas?

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:29
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
What sometimes works Nov 21, 2009

I often get a similar problem, where extended Polish characters are displayed in a different font than the rest of the text. The only thing that helps is to save your PPT file in PowerPoint as a web page (HTML, not MHT). Open the page (or pages) in a text editor and carefully replace the name of the unwanted font with the name of the correct font. Open the HTML file in PowerPoint and save as PPT.

Mike Levin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:29
Member (2002)
Russian to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Does not seem to work for me... Nov 21, 2009

Thanks, Adam! I've tried your suggestion. When I save PPT as a web page I get a tiny (3K) html file and a folder with hundreds more of tiny files. Since the font name that I need to replace is "0" I cannot do a simple "find and replace" on this generic character. I tried to search for the word "font" and added the name of a different font wherever I could but that did not help.

Will keep trying.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fonts lost when saving Russian text from TagEditor to Powerpoint

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search