Check spelling problems in TagEditor 7.0
Thread poster: Verónica Echegaray

Verónica Echegaray
Local time: 13:28
English to Spanish
Nov 21, 2009

Hi! I'm working on ttx files in TagEditor 7.0. When opening the files there appears an error message that reads "Failed to retrieve tag toolbar setting for plugin file format: Filter definition not found: TRADOS PowerPoint Filter 2.0.0.0".

Although I can open the file, there's no recognition of 100 % matches, the file cannot be saved as target and the spell checker is disabled!

I have read in other queries that I should go to Tools/Options but there's no option there connected to Spell Checker, neither in Tools/Plug-ins... (there's no option there and Properties is disabled).

I also tried having a Word file opened but still the spell checker is disabled.

¿Can you help me? I've never had this problem before in TagEditor.

Thanks.

[Editado a las 2009-11-21 18:40 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jan Kruse
Germany
Local time: 18:28
Dutch to German
+ ...
Version filter problem Jan 13, 2010

I once had this problem with the InDesign-Filter and received this answer, which worked in most cases, so far I remember:

The error occurs if *.INX.TTX file was created in SDL Trados 7.1 (or possibly even in Trados 6.5.5) and is being opened in SDL Trados 7.5. Between these versions the internal name of the InDesign filter file changed from "TRADOS InDesign Filter 1.0.0.0" to "TRADOS Indesign Filter 1.0.0.0".
The difference is only the capitalization of letter "D", but it is enough to render the filter non-existent.

Please open *.INX.TTX file in a text editor, such as WordPad, search for "1.0.0.0", and correct the name of the filter by replacing the capital "D" with the lower-case "d".

When *.INX.TTX file created in SDL Trados 7.5 produces the same error in Trados 7.1, reversed change should be made."

So, in fact, when receiving your files I just need to change one letter with my Wordpad, then after finishing my work, I have to change it back so that you can export the file back to InDesign

Maybe this helps ...

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Check spelling problems in TagEditor 7.0

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search