multiterm entries failed to show up in TWB
Thread poster: Ray Liu

Ray Liu
Local time: 07:07
English to Chinese
Nov 24, 2009

twb version: 8.2.0.835
multiterm version: 7.5.0.444

I have a excel sheet of glossary, and i want to add these glossary to my termbase

This is what i did: First i use multiterm convert to convert excel to xml, then i create a new termbase, and import the xml file. However, these term didnt show up in TWB.

I tried manually add a new entry in this termbase, this and only this entry can show up in TWB.

Then, in multiterm , i select an imported entry and use this command "add a copy of current entry". This time, both the copied entry and the original imported entry can show up in TWB.

I am very frustrated by this problem.

Til now , my solution is "add a copy of current entry" manually, but it doesnt really solve the problem.

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 17:07
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Was the import successful? Nov 25, 2009

I've found that a very simple thing is needed for my Excel glossaries to be successfully converted (and imported) into a usable format for Multiterm: the first row in the Excel file needs to have the names of the languages for my glossary (English and Spanish, for example).

When I've converted files without this row, the glossary doesn't work correctly in Multiterm.

Ray Liu
Local time: 07:07
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
import was successful Nov 25, 2009

I did what you said in my excel file and the import was successful.

Later this week i will post some pic about this problem.

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 17:07
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
One other thing Nov 25, 2009

When creating your Multiterm termbase, try not using the predefined structure, but creating a new one. That has also helped sometimes.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

multiterm entries failed to show up in TWB

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search