Thread poster: Adele Palmeri

Adele Palmeri  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 10:12
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 26, 2009

Morning everybody.
Here's a little problem I would appreciate assistance with.
When I try and connect to Tag Editor it sends an error message saying Server Busy.
I have just attempted a repair on the SDL Trados program.
I am working with Vista Home Premium.
Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Adele

Direct link Reply with quote

PCovs
Denmark
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
Don't use Vista Nov 26, 2009

That's my first advice, because it seems to crash Trados in so many ways. I'm getting sick of it.

Secondly, I would take a look at the TM, you have currently chosen, because it seems to be looking for a "TM anywhere". Could this be it?

Open Workbench and chose a local TM, then open TE.

Just a suggestion.

[Edited at 2009-11-26 07:58 GMT]

Adele Palmeri  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TE Server busy Nov 26, 2009

Thank you, I am also getting sick of Vista and am seriously thinking of upgrading to Windows 7...
Vista completely and permanently crashed Trados on my desktop, currently I am using my laptop because of this.
Anyway, I am not a pro at Trados so I am not sure what you mean by searching a TM "anywhere", sorry about my ignorance, can you tell me more, please?
After the repair I have managed to switch TE on, but it is still slow and doesn't switch on at first attempt.

PCovs
Denmark
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
Sounds like something else, then Nov 27, 2009

It was just a guess that perhaps you had been using a TM server (in stead of a local TM on your own computer) last time you opened Workbench, but since you don't know what it is, my suggestion has little merit, sorry.

You could search the forums with the forum search, because I seem to remember that someone else had a problem with a slow running TE. Try searching for TagEditor, perhaps.

Sorry, I couldn't be of more help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor Trados Freelance 2007

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search