https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/151886-trados_2009_not_working_in_word_2007_windows_7.html

Trados 2009 not working in Word 2007 (Windows 7)
Thread poster: Paul Drauth
Paul Drauth
Paul Drauth
Luxembourg
Local time: 17:51
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Nov 26, 2009

Hello,

I have recently installed Trados 2009, but I cannot find the template to put the Trados toolbar into Word, although Multiterm works fine in Word.

Does anybody know where the template is located?

Kind regards,

Paul

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:51
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Studio has its own editor Nov 26, 2009

Hello Paul,

err... Studio has its own editor and interface, detatched from any MSOffice application as far as the workflow is concerned... so you simply have to start Studio and import the file you need to translate into its editor - after having upgrading your TMs created under previous Trados versions....

hhmmm surely not SDL Trados 2007? If you meant SDL Trados 2007, please search this forum, there are a few threads about this issue.. I posted myself a detailed descr
... See more
Hello Paul,

err... Studio has its own editor and interface, detatched from any MSOffice application as far as the workflow is concerned... so you simply have to start Studio and import the file you need to translate into its editor - after having upgrading your TMs created under previous Trados versions....

hhmmm surely not SDL Trados 2007? If you meant SDL Trados 2007, please search this forum, there are a few threads about this issue.. I posted myself a detailed description of all steps with a link to the relative talisma page.

Giuliana
Collapse

Paul Drauth
Paul Drauth
Luxembourg
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
trados 2009 editor or trados 2007+word? Nov 26, 2009

Thanks Giuliana,
I was afraid it was that...
What would you recommend? Tageditor in Trados 2009 or Trados 2007 + Word?
Is there a possibility to install both Trados 2007 and 2009 (although I think it is a bit strange...)

Kind regards,

Paul

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:51
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
You have to install SDL Trados 2007 (Suite) Nov 26, 2009

Hi again Paul,

err.. I think you missed a few readings, instructions especially

You must install SDL Trados 2007 and before you install Studio. There is a specific installation order, just to be on the safe side

You can't open TagEditor in Studio. TagEditor is history for Studio, as much as uncleaned files

You need Suite 2007, for ex. the Winalign module is still based on pre
... See more
Hi again Paul,

err.. I think you missed a few readings, instructions especially

You must install SDL Trados 2007 and before you install Studio. There is a specific installation order, just to be on the safe side

You can't open TagEditor in Studio. TagEditor is history for Studio, as much as uncleaned files

You need Suite 2007, for ex. the Winalign module is still based on previous versions and it's usefull and practical to have them both. Studio can import ttx files... (woth some precautions)

Please read a little bit in the documentation

Giuliana

[Edited at 2009-11-26 14:32 GMT]
Collapse

Paul Drauth
Paul Drauth
Luxembourg
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OMG Nov 26, 2009

Sorry Giuliana for bothering you that much... I didn't have any clue about that :/ I thought Trados 2009 would be an all-in-one program.
Now I tried to install 2007, but "error 1606 could not access network location" shows up and I can't finish my installation. Does this happen, because I installed Trados 2009 recently? What shall I do? I looked up for it, but I cannot find the solution for Windows 7...
Sorry again Giuliana.

Kind regards,

Paul

Joel Earnest
Joel Earnest
Swedish to English
How about a system restore? Nov 27, 2009

Once you get your job out and have PLENTY of time, carefully reinstall everything following the installation instructions and watch some of the webinairs at the Trados site.
Likely best to uninstall all Trados products before starting with reinstallation. Studio's very different, but shouldn't take all that long to begin using if you do your homework.

Paul Drauth
Paul Drauth
Luxembourg
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reinstalling Trados Nov 28, 2009

Thanks Joel.
Do I need to deactivate my licence on the Trados server to reinstall everything and if so, how can I do this?
As I am new in this world I apologize for bothering all of you!
Regards,
paul

Joel Earnest
Joel Earnest
Swedish to English
Installation instructions Nov 28, 2009

I don't recall the installation instructions other than that the described process was like no other I'd seen before from any other company.
Best to locate the instructions at the Trados site and follow them exactly.

Paul Drauth
Paul Drauth
Luxembourg
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Installing Trados 2007 error 1606 Nov 29, 2009

So, I returned my license and I uninstalled Trados 2009. I want to install Trados 2007, but during the installation of Trados Freelancer, ERROR 1606 (network settings) appears and forces me to cancel installation. I looked up at Trados Support what to do, I followed their steps and SURPRISE: same error! =/
HELP ME PLEASE
kind regards

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
sdl will help you with installation problems Nov 29, 2009

Hi Paul,
Installing and reinstalling can be a problem but SDL provides excellent free support for all installation and licensing issues. Go to
http://www.translationzone.com/en/shop/shop_main.asp
and use the online chat (not on Sundays, I'm afraid)
Hope that helps.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 not working in Word 2007 (Windows 7)

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »