Applying a TM to a batch of itds with SDLX (SDL Trados 2007)
Thread poster: dnitzpon
dnitzpon
Germany
Local time: 15:07
Dutch to German
+ ...
Nov 28, 2009

Hi!

I'm having a hard time with lots of small itd files. Therefore I wanted to import the untranslated segments in these into a TM, export the TM as itd, translate that itd and update the TM.

Now, how do I get the translations of the TM back into the single itd files, if I do not have the source files available? SDLX apply says it needs a professional license, the project wizard seems to need the source files.

Thanks & Regards
Daniel

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 16:07
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Take all files into one project Nov 28, 2009

As far as I remember, in the Project Wizard you can select all files and will receive a single itd-file for translation. Upon saving the target from Editor you'll get all target files in one step.
Regards
Heinrich

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Workarounds Nov 28, 2009

dnitzpon wrote:

I'm having a hard time with lots of small itd files. Therefore I wanted to import the untranslated segments in these into a TM, export the TM as itd, translate that itd and update the TM.

Now, how do I get the translations of the TM back into the single itd files, if I do not have the source files available? SDLX apply says it needs a professional license
uote]
Yes, SDLX Apply is available only for Pro version.
As a workaround, you can install SDLX on another machine.
The demo acts as fully functional Professional version during 30 days.

The second workaround is to export ITD as TTX using SDL Exchange, pretranslate in Trados, then harvest the translation back to ITD.

Cheers
GG

dnitzpon
Germany
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Where to download? Nov 28, 2009

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:

The second workaround is to export ITD as TTX using SDL Exchange, pretranslate in Trados, then harvest the translation back to ITD.

Thanks!

Both sound feasible, the only problem is that I can neither find SDL Exchange nor a Demo of SDLX 2007 or 2009 as a download on the SDL website

Cheers
Daniel

dnitzpon
Germany
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Doesn't work, I'm afraid Nov 28, 2009

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

As far as I remember, in the Project Wizard you can select all files and will receive a single itd-file for translation. Upon saving the target from Editor you'll get all target files in one step.
Regards
Heinrich

Hi Heinrich!

With source files, I could do that. But with ready made itd files, it doesn't seem to work (or am I missing something here?).

Greetz,
Daniel

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Out of the box :) Nov 28, 2009

dnitzpon wrote:

Grzegorz Gryc wrote:

Both sound feasible, the only problem is that I can neither find SDL Exchange nor a Demo of SDLX 2007 or 2009 as a download on the SDL website

SDL Exchange is available out of the box with SDLX, just take a look on the SDLX switchboard
And you can use your setup file, if no licence is installed, it works as 30-day trial.

Cheers
GG

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 16:07
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Why did you make single itd-files Nov 29, 2009

dnitzpon wrote:

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

Regards
Heinrich

Hi Heinrich!

With source files, I could do that. But with ready made itd files, it doesn't seem to work (or am I missing something here?).

Greetz,
Daniel

Just start from anew and apply your tm.
Cheers
Heinrich

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Applying a TM to a batch of itds with SDLX (SDL Trados 2007)

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search