Thread poster: Kathleen Misson

Kathleen Misson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:48
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
Nov 30, 2009

Hello:

I want to export the memory from trados studio 2009 to use in a document in tageditor.

I exported the tmx and imported it into translators workbench but when I open the document in tageditor, none of the segments copy in from the memory.

I can see the text in the memory by using concordance but when I open a segment, it is slightly different due to tags.

For example, my segment is:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

In studio 2009 this is all one sentence without tags but in tageditor it is

(CF) Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do (/CF) (CF) eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. (/CF)

Is it possible to achive this?

Many thanks.

Kathleen.

[Edited at 2009-11-30 19:11 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-11-30 19:12 GMT]

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
translate ttx in Studio Nov 30, 2009

Hi Kathleen,
One possibility would be to open your file in Tag Editor, save as a ttx and then open it in Studio so that you can use your studio TM. (You can save the target as a ttx at the end of the job, or just as the original file).

But I'm not sure if this will help the different tags you're getting. I also get problems sometimes with slightly incompatible segmenting which reduces the leverage you get from a TM when you swap between Studio and Tag Editor.

Still, it's worth a try.

Kathleen Misson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks very much emma Nov 30, 2009

I will try this

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export 2009 sdltm memory for 2007 tageditor

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search