Importing old TM into a new one
Thread poster: Jenny Duthie

Jenny Duthie  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:18
French to English
Dec 1, 2009

My customer has sent me a TM for a project I've worked on before & I want to export my old TM for this project into it but although the Trados files are visible when I try to import them I cannot because Workbench is requesting a .txt file which I dont have, I only have the 5 files ie the TM and the 4 index files, apologies if this has been asked before I know there's a way round it but have forgotten - do I need to create a txt file out of the Trados files, I can't recall how to do this, thanks in advance!!

Direct link Reply with quote

Isabelle Derson  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
- Dec 1, 2009

Open the Tm and create an export file (File > Export)

does it help ?

William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
Yes... Dec 1, 2009

Isabelle Derson wrote:

Open the Tm and create an export file (File > Export)

And remember that there is a whole list of possible import files types available, if you click on the arrow at the right hand end of the field. That makes it possible to import a previously exported file, if I remember correctly.

HTH

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Get training Dec 1, 2009

Honestly I think the best suggestion I can make in your situation is to look for Trados training via some Trados vendor or someone offering such training in your area. You will learn to use the tool with more confidence and will be able to exploit its possibilities better. Trados is an industrial-strength tool and therefore training makes total sense. Good luck!

Jenny Duthie  Identity Verified
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks problem solved Dec 1, 2009

thanks Isabelle, I should have remembered how to do this, I've done it before and had totally forgotten! Tomas, I did have training but that was in 2006!! Need a refresher course I think!!

Isabelle Derson  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
:) Dec 1, 2009

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing old TM into a new one

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search