Trados WB error 50025: You don't have sufficient permissions to perform this operation.
Thread poster: Joris Bogaert

Joris Bogaert  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:30
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Dec 1, 2009

Hello,

I have SDL Trados 2007 suite combined with Windows XP & Office 2003 .
Until last week it all worked fine.
I did some official upgrades (acrobat reader, windows...) and suddenly the following errors appeared, making Trados not usable neither working with Tageditor, neither using the workbench under Word 2003.

When I open a segment, sometimes it opens, but mainly it refuses to open mentioning the following error in the WB:

(50025): You don't have sufficient permissions to perform this operation.

I checked if there was any problem with my licence manager, but it seems to be ok.
This problem is very annoying, as it makes translating very difficult, with most segments which cannot be opened. The segments which can be opened may be closed be the message pops up again and again.

Furthermore, when I want to close Word, I get asked if I want to save the changes in trados8.dot.

Should I re-install SDL Trados or is there any way to fix this error?

Thanks!
Joris

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
User rights? Dec 1, 2009

Hello Joris,
sounds like the TM has some restricted user rights. Or perhaps you have insufficient user rights in your OS profile. Before un- and reinstalling everything, I would check those first.

Italy
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
User rights no problem Dec 1, 2009

No, there are no limitations about user rights restrictions (neither for Trados, neither for the OS), furthermore the problem occurs also with old and new made TM's.

I'm afraid I'll have to re-install the whole package

Anyone who had the same problem over there?

Thanks!

Jim Shanks
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:30
Dutch to English
Re-register TRADOS Dec 1, 2009

Have you tried re-registering TRADOS? (Click on Register SDL Trados in your TRAODS directory under SDL International > SDL Trados 2007 Freelance. Make sure to run it under an Administrator account). it probably won't work, but it has been known to cure a lot of mysterious ailments - and worth trying before going for a full install.

Italy
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Dec 2, 2009

Hello,

finally I solved the problem, I did not re-install the whole program, I just returned my license (from the license manager) and from my OS application menu (control panel) I repaired the installation of SDL Trados 2007 Freelance. I had to close all Office apps, after then the PC rebooted and all I had to do was to re-activate my license. After that it all seemed to work fine.

Before doing this, I tried to re-register Trados, but that did not help, I suppose the installation was damaged.

Anyway thanks to everyone for the support,

Joris

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados WB error 50025: You don't have sufficient permissions to perform this operation.

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search