Missing images in Indesign file after translating with Tageditor
Thread poster: Manu Garcia
Manu Garcia
Local time: 03:52
German to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 1, 2009

Hi again!
I posted a question a few days ago about how to translate indesign files using tageditor.
Eventually I have found out how to do it, and thank you for the help of those who answered.
No I have the translation done, and it is time to open it in indesign.
I have the inx files exported from tageditor. I open them in indesign, but it says that there are XX links missing. I accept this but then I see that there are images missing on the file. They are present in the original indd file, but now they are missing. And the same error, "XX links missing", appears when opening the original indd file.
So the question is: the images are not in the folder that the customer sent to me (I have checked). Is this problem normal, is there any workaround? Because I see the images are stored in the original indd file, the links are correct, but the image file is not in the folder, but inside the original indd.
Thanks in advance for any help.
manu

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Folder issue? Dec 1, 2009

Hi Manuel,
try to copy the INX to the same folder as the original one. In my experience, you don't need to worry about referenced images.
Off-topic question: does your job as a translator include DTP tasks too?

Manu Garcia
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thankx! Dec 1, 2009

thank you for your help, stanislav.
I have found out how to do it. Put the inx in the same folder, open it with indesign, it will tell you that there are certain amount of links missing, ok. Then, save it as indd, in my case, xxxx_ES.indd. I keep both versions, old and new translated, to keep comparing.
The missing links has something to do with images allocated in servers.

About off-topic, I am a translator, but my experience of many years dealing with agencies, and my interest in computers, all together let me try new fields. In this case, I managed to be ordered a translation, starting from indesign files, translating, putting it back in indesign. I offered a forfait for the job, they accepted it, and now I am on my way to deal directly with customers instead of agencies, which is what I want.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Missing images in Indesign file after translating with Tageditor

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search