Thread poster: Paula González Fernández

Paula González Fernández  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 2, 2009

Hi everyone!
Trados has started doing something funny: if I highlight a word and search for it with the Concordance command on the tool bar, it does work. However, if I use Alt + Up (num), it doesn't (and it used to till last night). Besides, if I use these keyboards, Workbench says "No match", but if I use the tool bar, then there are matches!!! I haven't installed anything new, nor changed anything... Could anyone please help me?
Thanks so much in advance!
Paula

[Editado a las 2009-12-02 10:48 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Juan Martín Fernández Rowda  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Incorrect arrow? Dec 2, 2009

I think you might be using an incorrect shortcut key. Try using the regular Up arrow instead of the one in the num pad. And also make sure to highlight the text you want to look up in concordance first.

Hope it helps,
Juan

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks.. Dec 2, 2009

Thanks Juan, but I've always used key number 8. However, I tried your idea (arrow key) and doesn't work either...

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
NumLock? Dec 2, 2009

Hi Paula

Sorry for the simple question but is NumLock turned off on your keyboard? If you turn this off then it should lookup correctly. Also, which version of SDL Trados are you using and are you using TagEditor or Word to translate?

I look forward to your answer.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nop... Dec 2, 2009

I did think it could be the key, turned BloqNum on and off, and it does work independently (I mean, it does write an 8 or goes up), but not with Trados... And it doesn't work neither on Word nor on TagEditor...
The funny thing is, it went back to work during the day, but now that I started translating again, it doesn't work again!

Sandra& Kenneth  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 02:54
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Have you tried rebooting? Dec 2, 2009

Hi Paula,
Turn off the computer, wait for a few seconds and restart.
That's the first thing you should try.
When things start happening all of a sudden, this often helps.
HTH

psicutrinius  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Might it be clogged (or worn out) keys? Dec 2, 2009

I have been through this recently: All of a sudden, the keys become sticky, or need a hefty push, and this without the slightest warning.

From what you say (and this would be common for all of us trados users), your alt, or your arrow, or even your num lock keys might well be really castigated...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alt + up doesn't work anymore!

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search