Paula González Fernández
Paula González Fernández  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:37
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 2, 2009

Hi everyone!
Trados has started doing something funny: if I highlight a word and search for it with the Concordance command on the tool bar, it does work. However, if I use Alt + Up (num), it doesn't (and it used to till last night). Besides, if I use these keyboards, Workbench says "No match", but if I use the tool bar, then there are matches!!! I haven't installed anything new, nor changed anything... Could anyone please help me?
Thanks so much in advance!
Paula

[Edita
... See more
Hi everyone!
Trados has started doing something funny: if I highlight a word and search for it with the Concordance command on the tool bar, it does work. However, if I use Alt + Up (num), it doesn't (and it used to till last night). Besides, if I use these keyboards, Workbench says "No match", but if I use the tool bar, then there are matches!!! I haven't installed anything new, nor changed anything... Could anyone please help me?
Thanks so much in advance!
Paula

[Editado a las 2009-12-02 10:48 GMT]
Collapse

Juan Martín Fernández Rowda
Juan Martín Fernández Rowda  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:37
English to Spanish
+ ...
Incorrect arrow? Dec 2, 2009

I think you might be using an incorrect shortcut key. Try using the regular Up arrow instead of the one in the num pad. And also make sure to highlight the text you want to look up in concordance first.

Hope it helps,
Juan

Paula González Fernández
Germany
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks.. Dec 2, 2009

Thanks Juan, but I've always used key number 8. However, I tried your idea (arrow key) and doesn't work either...

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
NumLock? Dec 2, 2009

Hi Paula

Sorry for the simple question but is NumLock turned off on your keyboard? If you turn this off then it should lookup correctly. Also, which version of SDL Trados are you using and are you using TagEditor or Word to translate?

I look forward to your answer.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Paula González Fernández
Germany
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nop... Dec 2, 2009

I did think it could be the key, turned BloqNum on and off, and it does work independently (I mean, it does write an 8 or goes up), but not with Trados... And it doesn't work neither on Word nor on TagEditor...
The funny thing is, it went back to work during the day, but now that I started translating again, it doesn't work again!

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 20:37
French to English
+ ...
Have you tried rebooting? Dec 2, 2009

Hi Paula,
Turn off the computer, wait for a few seconds and restart.
That's the first thing you should try.
When things start happening all of a sudden, this often helps.
HTH

psicutrinius
psicutrinius  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Might it be clogged (or worn out) keys? Dec 2, 2009

I have been through this recently: All of a sudden, the keys become sticky, or need a hefty push, and this without the slightest warning.

From what you say (and this would be common for all of us trados users), your alt, or your arrow, or even your num lock keys might well be really castigated...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alt + up doesn't work anymore!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »