Thread poster: ashok jayanti
ashok jayanti
ashok jayanti
India
Local time: 00:37
English to Telugu
+ ...
Dec 3, 2009

I recently reformatted my HDD. I was not aware that I have to return the licence for studio 2009 at that time. when I tried to reinstall it I got the error message50040. I did not face any problem reinstalling trados 2007. The SDL solution finder tells me that I should return the licence and i can do so from the my licences tab but I can not figure out how. can some one help me?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-12-03 12:32 GMT]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:07
English
SDL Trados Support Dec 3, 2009

Hi Ashok,

I understand your problem and we have therefore made some changes to the Solution Finder. Please revisit the Solution Finder and follow the steps describing your problem again. You will find a new step for users such as yourself who are unable to return their activation code.

Just to clarify, the steps you should take are:

1. Licensing Problems
2. I get an error message.
3. I get the error message: "50040 - The activation of the fulfil
... See more
Hi Ashok,

I understand your problem and we have therefore made some changes to the Solution Finder. Please revisit the Solution Finder and follow the steps describing your problem again. You will find a new step for users such as yourself who are unable to return their activation code.

Just to clarify, the steps you should take are:

1. Licensing Problems
2. I get an error message.
3. I get the error message: "50040 - The activation of the fulfillment is denied by the activation policy because max extra acts exceeded".
4. I have read the above mentioned KB Article, however, I still get the same error.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team
Collapse

Min Xuanping
Min Xuanping  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 03:07
English to Chinese
+ ...
I have same problem now, I took 2 days to solve it but still failed, i need help from them. Sep 17, 2010

The solution finder does not work for this problem!

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:07
English
Can you elaborate? Sep 17, 2010

Hi xuanping,

Can you explain what your problem is? You say the Solution Finder doesn't work for this problem? Does this mean you can't contact Support or something else?

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message 50040 when re-installing Studio 2009

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »