Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:33
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Dec 3, 2009

G'day everyone

In Wordfast there is an option called "auto-translate while 100% match". What this means is that Wordfast will insert a 100% match if such a match exists, and will move on to the next segment without stopping.

Is there such a feature in Trados TagEditor (2007)? I had thought that Alt+Ctrl+NumPlus would do this, but TagEditor still stops at every segment, even if it is a 100% match.

Can anyone enlighten me on this?
Thanks
Samuel

tojacomms (X)  Identity Verified
German to Danish
+ ...
Reorganize TM Dec 3, 2009

It happens now and then - don't know why. My experience is that it helps to reorganize the TM (File>Reorganize in Workbench) - don't know why that works eithericon_smile.gif

Laura Bissio CT  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 15:33
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Alt+Ctrl+NumPlus Dec 3, 2009

Samuel Murray wrote:

I had thought that Alt+Ctrl+NumPlus would do this, but TagEditor still stops at every segment, even if it is a 100% match.

tojacomms wrote:
Reorganize TM 10:09

It happens now and then - don't know why. My experience is that it helps to reorganize the TM (File>Reorganize in Workbench) - don't know why that works either

If this doesn't work either, try closing and reopening the file.

Good luck.

Laura

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Translate to Fuzzy... Dec 3, 2009

Hi Samuel,

Try using the Translate to Fuzzy function (Alt + *). This function translates all 100% matches automatically, starting with the currently open translation unit and stopping at the next fuzzy (non 100%) match.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Autotranslate while 100% match

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search