Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:54
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Dec 3, 2009

G'day everyone

In Wordfast there is an option called "auto-translate while 100% match". What this means is that Wordfast will insert a 100% match if such a match exists, and will move on to the next segment without stopping.

Is there such a feature in Trados TagEditor (2007)? I had thought that Alt+Ctrl+NumPlus would do this, but TagEditor still stops at every segment, even if it is a 100% match.

Can anyone enlighten me on this?
Thanks
Samuel

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxtojacomms  Identity Verified
German to Danish
+ ...
Reorganize TM Dec 3, 2009

It happens now and then - don't know why. My experience is that it helps to reorganize the TM (File>Reorganize in Workbench) - don't know why that works either

Laura Bissio CT  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 07:54
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Alt+Ctrl+NumPlus Dec 3, 2009

Samuel Murray wrote:

I had thought that Alt+Ctrl+NumPlus would do this, but TagEditor still stops at every segment, even if it is a 100% match.

tojacomms wrote:
Reorganize TM 10:09

It happens now and then - don't know why. My experience is that it helps to reorganize the TM (File>Reorganize in Workbench) - don't know why that works either

If this doesn't work either, try closing and reopening the file.

Good luck.

Laura

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Translate to Fuzzy... Dec 3, 2009

Hi Samuel,

Try using the Translate to Fuzzy function (Alt + *). This function translates all 100% matches automatically, starting with the currently open translation unit and stopping at the next fuzzy (non 100%) match.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Autotranslate while 100% match

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search