International Translation Day 2017

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event on September 26-27th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

No matching starting tag
Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 16:36
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Dec 3, 2009

Error while converting to Word Document: end tag does not have a matching starting tag

I translated a bunch of files (doc) in TE, SDL Trados 2007.
Some files cannot be saved as target. Instead I get the above error message.

Known problem? Remedy?

Thanks!
Heinrich

Direct link Reply with quote

Laurent KRAULAND  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:36
French to German
+ ...
Some discussions in the fora... Dec 3, 2009

such as this one:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/99130-error_message_in_tag_editor:_end_tag_does_not_have_a_matching_start_tag.html

You won't have any problem finding other ones by searching with the exact phrasing of the error or at least with the bit end tag does not have a matching starting tag...

HTH

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 16:36
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Well Dec 3, 2009

The only solution was to copy the main text into an empty file and translate again. There was nothing wrong with tags, the files just did not fit for trados.

Translating and cleaning in WB did not work either. Finally I exported the TM and translated in WF Classic. There were some tags with many lines of code which I removed manually. The reason must have been awful formatting of the original Word-files.
Regards
Heinrich

[Bearbeitet am 2009-12-03 22:21 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No matching starting tag

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search