Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 08:32
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Dec 3, 2009

Error while converting to Word Document: end tag does not have a matching starting tag

I translated a bunch of files (doc) in TE, SDL Trados 2007.
Some files cannot be saved as target. Instead I get the above error message.

Known problem? Remedy?

Thanks!
Heinrich

Direct link Reply with quote

Laurent KRAULAND  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:32
French to German
+ ...
Some discussions in the fora... Dec 3, 2009

such as this one:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/99130-error_message_in_tag_editor:_end_tag_does_not_have_a_matching_start_tag.html

You won't have any problem finding other ones by searching with the exact phrasing of the error or at least with the bit end tag does not have a matching starting tag...

HTH

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 08:32
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Well Dec 3, 2009

The only solution was to copy the main text into an empty file and translate again. There was nothing wrong with tags, the files just did not fit for trados.

Translating and cleaning in WB did not work either. Finally I exported the TM and translated in WF Classic. There were some tags with many lines of code which I removed manually. The reason must have been awful formatting of the original Word-files.
Regards
Heinrich

[Bearbeitet am 2009-12-03 22:21 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No matching starting tag

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search