Win 7 64-bit - cannot get Trados 2009 Explorer shortcuts
Thread poster: Bjørnar Magnussen

Bjørnar Magnussen  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:40
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Dec 4, 2009

By "Explorer shortcuts" I mean that "open this file in Trados 2009" and "open as a project in Trados 2009" is available in the popup-menu when I right-click files in Windows Explorer. I used this a lot and even made a hotkey for it.

I have recently installed Trados 2009 twice on Win 7 64-bit systems. Both times the same happened - I am not able to get the Explorer shortcuts.

Recently Trados Support has been very supportive, but this time they only told me to try reinstalling with administrator rights and disabled user account control, something which did not help.

I think what is missing is some strings that should have been entered into Windows Registry during the installation.

Are anyone able to get the shortcuts to work in Win 7 64-bit? Would you be able to provide the relevant windows registry entries?

Bjørnar Magnussen  Identity Verified
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still struggling with the same problem Jan 24, 2010

1,5 months and several installation attempts later I am still struggling with the same problem:( SDL support just keep telling me to reinstall with administrators privileges et.c., something which I have already tried.

Can anyone confirm this problem (Trados 2009 on Win 7 64-bit) so that I can contact SDL and tell it's not just me?

Richard Hall  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:40
Italian to English
+ ...
It's not just you... Jan 24, 2010

I also have Windows 7 64 bit and confirm that the trados shortcuts on the contextual menu are missing.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Fresh install or an upgrade? Jan 24, 2010

Hi Richard,

Can you tell me if you did an upgrade to SP1 from 1.0, or if you installed SP1 from scratch? I think that the upgrade route retains the shortcuts but a new install does not.

If you can confirm this it would be helpful.

Regards

Paul

Richard Hall  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:40
Italian to English
+ ...
Fresh install Jan 24, 2010

Hi Paul,

It was indeed a fresh install of SP1.

Best regards

Richard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Win 7 64-bit - cannot get Trados 2009 Explorer shortcuts

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search