Thread poster: keshab

keshab  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:00
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Dec 7, 2009

Friends,

I am facing a serious problem regarding Trados.
Three days ago my computer was detected as virus affected. to format the machine.I have formatted and re-partitioned my machine and reinstalled SDL Trados 2007 freelance. But this time I can't activate the product. After entering licence key a massage indicates the failure: "The activation of the fulfillment is denied by the activation policy because max extra acts exceeded # 5084-791588 (Error code 50040)".When I am trying to use "connect local licnce server" (because other two options are invalid to me) it shows OK but SDLX cannot create the .itd file. It says"translation creation failed" I am facing a great trouble as I have to done a huge translation within next 15 days.

Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

: Keshab.

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:30
English to Czech
+ ...
Failed to return your license Dec 7, 2009

Hi Keshab,
it seems to me that you failed to return your license before uninstalling Trados; thus, your license number is no longer working because you are trying to activate a third Trados installation.
I strongly suggest that you contact SDL and ask them if they can provide you with an additional license. They are usually very generous in cases like yours.
Next time, please be sure to return your license before uninstalling Trados.

ST Translations
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:30
French to English
Contact Trados Dec 7, 2009

Hello Keshab,

I would try contacting Trados about this. I had a similar problem recently and they were very helpful and I have now solved my problem. Hope this helps!

keshab  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:00
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
problem solved Dec 14, 2009

Many thanks friends for your kind advises.

According to your advise I have contacted SDL and they solved my problem within half an hour!
It's really great!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem of installing SDL Trados 2007

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search