Thread poster: Maja Dojcinova
Maja Dojcinova
Maja Dojcinova  Identity Verified
North Macedonia
Local time: 05:07
Macedonian to English
+ ...
Dec 8, 2009

When I am trying to open the xml file in Tageditor I receive the following message:

This document contains the unknown DOCTYPE declaration/root element "TRADOStag". A Tag settings file has not yet been defined for this document type.

When i select yes, the Tageditor opens the file, but it opens strangely.

If you have had any similar issue, please answer....I am not sure what seems to be the problem.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
<
... See more
When I am trying to open the xml file in Tageditor I receive the following message:

This document contains the unknown DOCTYPE declaration/root element "TRADOStag". A Tag settings file has not yet been defined for this document type.

When i select yes, the Tageditor opens the file, but it opens strangely.

If you have had any similar issue, please answer....I am not sure what seems to be the problem.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Maja
Collapse

Ansgar Knirim
Ansgar Knirim  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
*.ini file Dec 8, 2009

Hello Maja,

I assume you are using Trados 2007 or similar.
For working on xml files in TE, you will have to generate an *.ini file containing the tag definitions first.
Open TW, select "Options", "Translation Memory Options", "Tools", "Tag Setting Files", "New". In the following dialog you can import the tag settings from your existing xml document. With the resulting tag settings (*.ini) file you should be able to open your file properly.

Best regards,
... See more
Hello Maja,

I assume you are using Trados 2007 or similar.
For working on xml files in TE, you will have to generate an *.ini file containing the tag definitions first.
Open TW, select "Options", "Translation Memory Options", "Tools", "Tag Setting Files", "New". In the following dialog you can import the tag settings from your existing xml document. With the resulting tag settings (*.ini) file you should be able to open your file properly.

Best regards,

Ansgar
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
INI file needed Dec 8, 2009

Hi Maja,
you need to create a suitable INI file before you can open an XML in TagEditor the way you want. The INI file tells TagEditor which tags are to be treated as internal or external, if you want to convert entities, keep line breaks etc.
If your client is an agency, ask them to prepare the INI file for you.

Maja Dojcinova
Maja Dojcinova  Identity Verified
North Macedonia
Macedonian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Dec 8, 2009

Thank you Ansgar,

I have managed to solve my issue. Thank you so much for your quick reply.

Kind Regards,

Maja

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open an XML file in TAgeditor

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »