Ganesh Bhat
Ganesh Bhat  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 08:29
English to Kannada
+ ...
Dec 8, 2009

Hello

I have installed Trados 2009 freelance with an activation code few days back after purchasing it. But I couldn't return the license as I had a system/hardware crash. Now I need to reinstall the software. But my efforts to activate it went futile as it is showing ''maximum limits reached''' message.

Is there any way I can reinstall the software?

I have checked though out the SDL support website. But it only tells about returning the license before unin
... See more
Hello

I have installed Trados 2009 freelance with an activation code few days back after purchasing it. But I couldn't return the license as I had a system/hardware crash. Now I need to reinstall the software. But my efforts to activate it went futile as it is showing ''maximum limits reached''' message.

Is there any way I can reinstall the software?

I have checked though out the SDL support website. But it only tells about returning the license before uninstallation. But there is no information on this problem.

Please help.

Thanks
GANESH
Collapse

Emin Arı
Emin Arı  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 05:59
English to Turkish
+ ...
please apply to online help desk of trados Dec 8, 2009

They issue a new code for you upon your request.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:59
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Go to the SDL Solution Finder Dec 8, 2009

Use the Solution Finder > Licensing problems and follow the steps there.

Pavel Tsvetkov
Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 05:59
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Contact SDL support Dec 8, 2009

I had the same problem as yours. Only SDL support can help. However it is difficult to get to the corresponding page and contact them (although you are in principle entitled to free support regarding issues like yours) - and I do believe they have done that on purpose to limit the number of people who actually succeed in contacting them.

... See more
I had the same problem as yours. Only SDL support can help. However it is difficult to get to the corresponding page and contact them (although you are in principle entitled to free support regarding issues like yours) - and I do believe they have done that on purpose to limit the number of people who actually succeed in contacting them.

You can take a look here

http://www.sdl.com/en/support/solution-finder.asp

then follow the instructions, and after reading through a ton of irrelevant material, at some point there should be an option to actually send an e-mail message and request help.

Then they will contact you soon after that and resolve the problem.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:59
English
It's really not that hard..! Dec 8, 2009

Thanks for referencing the support guide on the SDLK website Pavel, this is a good place to start and is only one page of what I think is useful information to help you understand the Solution Finder, so it shouldn't take that long to work through it

Use the solution finder like this;

http://talisma.sdl.com

Then
... See more
Thanks for referencing the support guide on the SDLK website Pavel, this is a good place to start and is only one page of what I think is useful information to help you understand the Solution Finder, so it shouldn't take that long to work through it

Use the solution finder like this;

http://talisma.sdl.com

Then go the the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Licensing Problems
- My software runs in demo mode only, or Activation/Licensing does not work.
- - Activation Code
- - - I cannot return my activation code.
- - - - I get an error message when I click on Return License.

This will bring up a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Ganesh Bhat
Ganesh Bhat  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 08:29
English to Kannada
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all Dec 9, 2009

For your valuable suggestions.

Regards
GANESH

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reactivating trados on crashed system!!

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »