https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/152857-compatibility_problems.html

Compatibility problems...
Thread poster: Sabine Ide
Sabine Ide
Sabine Ide  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:53
Spanish to German
+ ...
Dec 8, 2009

Hi!
Needing a new PC, I have the following problem: New PC´s run on Windows 7 which does not work with Trados 2007. Of course, I could upgrade Trados to 2009 which (seems to) run with Windows 7. The problem is that my main client still is working with Trados 2006 and as far as I know, Trados 2009 is not downwards compatible.

It seems that Trados 2007 Suite does work with Windows 7 or at least with Windows Vista. Does anybody know, how to solve my problem?

Best r
... See more
Hi!
Needing a new PC, I have the following problem: New PC´s run on Windows 7 which does not work with Trados 2007. Of course, I could upgrade Trados to 2009 which (seems to) run with Windows 7. The problem is that my main client still is working with Trados 2006 and as far as I know, Trados 2009 is not downwards compatible.

It seems that Trados 2007 Suite does work with Windows 7 or at least with Windows Vista. Does anybody know, how to solve my problem?

Best regards. Sabine
Collapse

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Virtual XP Dec 8, 2009

AFAIK Win7 comes with an optional "native" WinXp virtual machine to resolve compatibility issues odf this sort. I installed and ran this virtual machine on my Win7 RC Ultimate experimental PC, but I have no idea in which "dialects" (like Home, Pro or Ultimate) of full Win 7 it is included.

HTH

Antonin

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Are you sure? Dec 8, 2009

Trados 2007 Suite works perfectly under Windows 7 Ultimate on my computer. (Luckily, since I can't use the compatibility mode, as my hardware doesn't support virtualisation...)

Sabine Ide
Sabine Ide  Identity Verified
Germany
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Marie-Claude Dec 8, 2009

Thanks, nice to know that 2007 Suite does work. I am still working with Trados 2007 (without Suite). So I could upgrade to 2007 Suite to solve the problem....

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
You are getting both anyway Dec 8, 2009

If you upgrade to SDL Studio 2009, you also get SDL Trados 2007 Suite. So you can still work for your clients with an older version of Trados...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Compatibility problems...

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »