Problem with MultiTerm (GB)
Thread poster: Gyorgy Banhegyi

Gyorgy Banhegyi  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 09:10
English to Hungarian
Dec 9, 2009

Sorry for a possibly stupid question. I haven't used the MultiTerm database for a long time, and I defined a new database and tried to insert a new word, but I get an eror message "from the website" (? why) "Null", then "java.lang.NullPointerException". Do you have any idea what might be wrong?
Thanks fo your help
George Banhegyi

Direct link Reply with quote

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Common error Dec 9, 2009

Gyorgy Banhegyi wrote:

Sorry for a possibly stupid question. I haven't used the MultiTerm database for a long time, and I defined a new database and tried to insert a new word, but I get an eror message "from the website" (? why) "Null", then "java.lang.NullPointerException". Do you have any idea what might be wrong?

It's a common error.
E.g. see:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/122464-sdl_multiterm_error:_javalangnullpointerexception.html

Cheers
GG

Gyorgy Banhegyi  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your help Dec 9, 2009

Dear Grzegorz,
I really appreciate your help - it did work. I only wonder, how did the first find out the solution when encountering it. He or she was probably more professional in computer science than myself. I am a poor user only.
Anyway, thanks again
Gyorgy (in Hungarian, probably identical with Grzegorz in Polish - isn't it?)

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Good question :) Dec 9, 2009

Gyorgy Banhegyi wrote:

I really appreciate your help - it did work. I only wonder, how did the first find out the solution when encountering it. He or she was probably more professional in computer science than myself.

Jó kérdés
I.e. of course, some experience is needed but if you start to compare the settings of different machines (after and before the upgrade of Trados/Java etc.), it may be easy to identify the problem but:
1) few of us has many machines,
2) few of us should really need to to it, it should work out of the box or a patch should be released immediately.

I am a poor user only.

Facing Multiterm, we're all poor users...

Anyway, thanks again
Gyorgy (in Hungarian, probably identical with Grzegorz in Polish - isn't it?)

Nem
György is George, Grzegorz is Gregory.

PS.
My Hungarian is poor i.e. limited mainly to some crucial expressions like barak pálinka, czeresnye pálinka etc.

Cheers
GG

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with MultiTerm (GB)

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search