Thread poster: Marzia Colecchia

Marzia Colecchia  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:31
French to Italian
+ ...
Dec 9, 2009

Dear all!

Sorry for bothering you with such annoying topics, but unfortunately I have this problem on my PC and I cannot use for the moment my License bought six months ago.
I can tell you that I have already successfully installed and activated Trados on my former pc and on this laptop (after technical problem on it, trados was uninstalled few months ago).
Unfortunately, this should be the third time I install it and I am worrying about any possible restriction as far as the number of installations are concerned.

This is the activation error I got from my software:

The activation of the fulfillment is denied by the activation policy because max extra acts exceeded # 4868-014230 (Error code 50040)

Is there a willing soul who can help me understand what is happening and where I can get further information on this procedure?

Thank you in advance
It would be a pleasure to read your advices!

Marzia Colecchia
Translator-Interpreter
Pesaro-Italy

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:31
English
SDL Trados Support Dec 9, 2009

Hello Marzia,

This error occurs when the activation code has reached its usage limit. If possible, please return the activation code from your old computer. However, if your old computer was formatted then the activation code will have been misplaced. Therefore please log a case via the Solution Finder so we can look into this for you.

1. Please go to http://talisma.sdl.com
2. Select “Solution Finder" from the top navigation pane
3. Please choose "Licensing Problems" from the left hand navigation pane and then follow the steps which match your problem:

> I get an error message
> I get the error message: "50040 - The activation of the fulfilment is denied by the activation policy because max extra acts exceeded".
> I have read the above mentioned KB Article; however, I still get the same error.

4. Please fill in the form and choose "Submit". This will be sent to the support team who will get back to you as soon as possible.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

[Edited at 2009-12-09 11:48 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot activate my Trados 2007 License, an error occurs

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search