How to make untranslated segments visible in Word?
Thread poster: Frederic Allin
Frederic Allin
France
Local time: 12:28
Dec 9, 2009

Dear all,

I've just purchased Studio 2009 and here is what I am looking for:
I am partially translating a Word file using Trados. Then, I would like to send a this pre-translated Word file to my sub-contractor (he does not use Trados) in which the sentences remaining to be translated are clearly visible (highlighted, or different color for example).

I know that in Trados 2007 (Workbench's options) there was an option to change the color of the source text. I can't find anything of the sort in the new 2009 version.

If anyone knows how to do it or has another idea that leads to the same result (produce a Word file in which non-translated sentences can be spot easily), I will be so grateful !

Direct link Reply with quote

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:28
Member (2002)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Word Dec 10, 2009

Can you not simply change the colour of the text to be translated in Word, not Trados?
I sometimes receive files like that - the text to be translated in dark blue.

Frederic Allin
France
Local time: 12:28
TOPIC STARTER
Manual vs automatic Dec 10, 2009

Dear Peter,

of course I could do that, but it will be much more time consuming to go through the whole document and mark only the untranslated sentences lost among the translated ones.
But since my document has been processed in Trados (to translate the segments already in the TM) I would have been much quicker if Trados could do it automatically based on the segment status: if status=untranslated then write the sentence in blue.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make untranslated segments visible in Word?

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search