Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Cumulative hotfix for TagEditor and Terminology Verifier interoperability with SDL MultiTerm 2009
Thread poster: SDL Community

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:18
English
Dec 9, 2009

Hello All,

We have released a new hotfix which improves interoperability between TagEditor and SDL Multiterm 2009. Please download the latest hotfix from the following Knowledge Base article:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2852&p=1

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Direct link Reply with quote

Jim Shanks
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:18
Dutch to English
Works great but! Dec 9, 2009

Hi Gareth,

this works well, I have successfully added a term from workbench but!

My default installation directory is not as shown and therefore running the script does not work without modifying it to point to the installation directory (I have never changed this, I have always accepted the default settings when installing).

In my case the installation directory is C:\Program Files\SDL International\T2007_FL\TT

And the script to run (in my case) is therefore:

regsvr32 "c:\program files\SDL International\T2007_FL\TT\TradosTermVerifier.ocx"

United Kingdom
English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jim... Dec 9, 2009

Hi Jim,

Thank you for pointing this out. We have made the changes accordingly.

My apologies for any inconveniences caused.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Richard Hall  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:18
Italian to English
+ ...
I get an error in Windows 7 Dec 9, 2009

Placing the files in "c:\program files (x86)\SDL International\T2007_FL\TT\TradosTermVerifier.ocx" and running regsvr32 "c:\program files (x86)\SDL International\T2007_FL\TT\TradosTermVerifier.ocx" I get the following error message:

The module "c:\program files (x86)\SDL International\T2007_FL\TT\TradosTermVerifier.ocx" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005

Is there any fix for this?

Mr Florida
Local time: 07:18
German to English
+ ...
Most Trados users remain in the dark Dec 9, 2009

Rather than posting vital bugfix information in some arbitrary forum, SDL should communicate the availability of the hotfix via e-mail to the paying customers.

Here is a radical idea: Let Trados automatically detect available updates and download/install them.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
No reason to be "in the dark" Dec 10, 2009

Mr Florida,
You may want to check your facts.

Rather than posting vital bugfix information in some arbitrary forum,

With all due respect, this is not an "arbitrary forum", but one of the main help platforms monitored by SDL Support - free of charge - outside their proprietary support platform. The TW_Users Yahoogroup is another one: I would expect that the information
was posted there as well.

SDL should communicate the availability of the hotfix via e-mail to the paying customers.

They do; in addition, you can subscribe to a Knowledge Base article where such new developments are announced.

Here is a radical idea: Let Trados automatically detect available updates and download/install them.

Not so radical - in fact, this was proposed about a month ago.

Personally, I will never accept an automatic update option: I prefer to retain control over what is installed (and what isn't).

Regards,
Ralf

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Dear Mr Florida, Dec 10, 2009

you might want to look around ProZ a little before you start criticising others. I can't but second Ralf's post. Please read it carefully, and I mean really carefully, becaus Ralf is a former moderator and one of the most respectable ProZ members.

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Automatic update no thanks Dec 10, 2009

Hello "Mr Florida",

I agree with Ralf and Stanislav, so I won't comment any further about this forum, the TW_user group I'd warmly reccommend, and the subscribing to articles. BTW, significative releases are notified automatically.

As to the automatic update, no thanks, I deactivated it for Windows as well after stumbling on a major updating issue with Vista on a work PC which made me grow grey hair. I'd like to gather information before upgrading / updating my perfectly working sys/applications or running patches or hotfixes. Actually, I test all these "additions" on a peripheral PC I don't work on, just to be on a safe side and so that I don't compromise my work and workflow.

I am very grateful about the wealth of information that can be found on this forum, where often sensible workarounds can be found, very useful until hotfix/patch are released - it is clear that in an aseptic testing environment can't be reproduced all possible conditions and issues, so great that they are posted and tackled here). There are many experienced users and testers participating and posting and SDL Support input is the cherry on top IMHO.

Slight offtopic which I consider vital off, I am very much interested in this thread and similar ones, especially as to Win 7 (64 bit) issues are concerned, as I am considering moving to it as soon as the sys is a little bit riper.

Giuliana

[Edited at 2009-12-10 08:13 GMT]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Remember SP desaster for Windows Dec 10, 2009

Frankly I do not remember which service pack issued it was, but the first issue of one of Microsofs major updates for Windows XP has ended in a desaster for many users.
So happened also to those who turned on automatic Java updates and found their Multiterm unfunctional due to Java laziness to keep backward compatibility in its software.
So I also second the point of no automatic updates.
And I was notified by email on this update and on many others.

What astonishes me is the fact, that so many assume software must be error free and any patches are "shame" on the producer. Well, if you look around, even so popular and "holy" software as Firefox did have some major problems with updates and bugs this year.

If you wanna keep track with Trados register to this forum and to TW_Users on Yahoo. There are no better places to gain information as those two, if you look for information in English. You might also want to watch the U-Cat mailing list in German. And finally, all here and there these are users, who help, accompanied by SDL support people. All this is free of charge. So instead of complaining take this oportunity and make the best use of it.

United Kingdom
English
TOPIC STARTER
Don't forget the Studio RSS feed Dec 10, 2009

Just a quick reminder that we also share important KB articles with relevant patches/hotfixes and upgrades in the "Home" view of Studio.

Regards

Paul

kimjasper  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2006)
English to Danish
+ ...
RSS feed address Dec 10, 2009

Paul, can you post the URL of the RSS feed so I can get these news together with my other RSS feeds?

Jim Shanks
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:18
Dutch to English
Incorrect installation directory? Dec 10, 2009

Richard Hall wrote:

Placing the files in "c:\program files (x86)\SDL International\T2007_FL\TT\TradosTermVerifier.ocx" and running regsvr32 "c:\program files (x86)\SDL International\T2007_FL\TT\TradosTermVerifier.ocx" I get the following error message:

The module "c:\program files (x86)\SDL International\T2007_FL\TT\TradosTermVerifier.ocx" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005

Hi Richard,

it would appear that you are installing the files in an incorrect directory. Unless you have created this directory yourself when you first installed Trados which I would assume to be unlikely. Your installation files would normally be in the folder:

SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance: C:\Program Files\SDL International\T2007_FL\TT\

(The final part of your current path (TradosTermVerifier.ocx) is the "program file" which will be executed when you run the script).

Once you have installed the files in that directory you should then follow the instructions for running the script:

regsvr32 "c:\program files\SDL International\T2007_FL\TT\TradosTermVerifier.ocx"

Hope this helps

United Kingdom
English
TOPIC STARTER
RSS feed Dec 10, 2009

Here you go.

http://www.sdl.com/en/rss/sdltradossuiteRSS.asp

Regards

Paul

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
ASSUME Dec 10, 2009

Jerzy wrote:
What astonishes me is the fact, that so many assume software must be error free and any patches are "shame" on the producer.

In fact, Jerzy, those who ASSUME are making an ASS of U and ME.

[Upraveno: 2009-12-10 09:56 GMT]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Correct installation path in a Vista 64 system Dec 10, 2009

Jim Shanks wrote:

Richard Hall wrote:

Hi Richard,

it would appear that you are installing the files in an incorrect directory. Unless you have created this directory yourself when you first installed Trados which I would assume to be unlikely. Your installation files would normally be in the folder:

SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance: C:\Program Files\SDL International\T2007_FL\TT\

(The final part of your current path (TradosTermVerifier.ocx) is the "program file" which will be executed when you run the script).

Once you have installed the files in that directory you should then follow the instructions for running the script:

Hope this helps

The path given by Richard is exactly the same as mine - on a Vista Home Premium 64 bit system.
The path you give is certainly correct for a Windows XP system. You should also bear in mind, that in some languages the "Program files" are localised (ie in German, where this directory is called "Programme")

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cumulative hotfix for TagEditor and Terminology Verifier interoperability with SDL MultiTerm 2009

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search