How to use SDL MultiTerm Extract 2009
Thread poster: statcomp
statcomp
United States
Local time: 11:51
English to Korean
Dec 13, 2009

Hello Tradosers,

I just started to use Trados and its related products. One of few things I know is that I have to create a good termbase to get into action (translation). I have several sample documents for pairs of source and target. I wonder how I can utilize these documents to create my own termbase. I thought SDL MT Extract would help but I can't find a proper document to do that exactly. I tried online help in vain. So here go my questions.

1. What is the best way to create termbase to start translation. I certainly want to avoid from typing all terms. It would be nice if I can utilize my documents (sources and targets)

2. According to SDL MT Extract documentation, I think I could utilize its Bilingual Term Extraction. But what is not clear is ... what kind of structure input files should have in order to create bilingual termbase (with translation filled). If I missing something here, please point it out.

[Edited at 2009-12-14 01:39 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to use SDL MultiTerm Extract 2009

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search