Translating Using Content Management System
Thread poster: sophie_jane
sophie_jane
Local time: 08:59
German to English
Dec 14, 2009

I have Trados 2007 and have used it so far for translating with Word and FrameMaker.
My company is looking into translating information straight from the server and not as a file.
Is this possible with Trados 2007? Can you translate straight into a database, i.e. a content management system?
Does anyone know where any information about this is?
Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Translating to a CMS Dec 14, 2009

Hi Sophie,

There are varying degrees of automation that can be achieved to have your CMS translated as part of a workflow. The best approach would be to discuss this in a little more detail with you. If you would like to do this drop me an email at pfilkin@sdl.com and I will be happy to help.

Regards

Paul

Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:59
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
CMS Dec 14, 2009

What CMS does your company use? Some CMSs support exporting of content to CAT compatible formats, or, you can translate content online (without CAT capabilities though) and maintain mulitlingual translations of the same content.

sophie_jane
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
CMS Dec 15, 2009

Thank you for your reply, Spiros.

We will be using an SQL database and wanted to either be able to translate directly in there or export the information to be translated.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Export Dec 15, 2009

Hi Sophie,
I would suggest that you export the SQL DB into an XLIFF file, if that is possible. XLIFF is an XML-based format supported by most CAT tools.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating Using Content Management System

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search