Corrupt non-English characters on some strings @ TRADOS 2007 to Word
Thread poster: DorZL

DorZL  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:01
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Dec 14, 2009

When I export my TRADOS ttx files to clean rtf, some non-English strings (Hebrew) appear as corrupt characters. Those characters also appear corrupt on Translator's Workbench, but not on TagEditor.
What could be the reason?
I tried the solution proposed here:

And changed all "238" fonts (which is the font in which the corrupt characters appeared, i.e. äéëď ěîöĺŕ ŕú) to "177" (that is, Hebrew). But after creating a new TM and then importing the changed exported TM, it reassigns "238" to all those fonts.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Corrupt non-English characters on some strings @ TRADOS 2007 to Word

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search