Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:28
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Dec 15, 2009

Dear colleagues,

My Trados toolbar in Word disappeared two days ago. I followed Jerzy's advice in the following thread (re-install Trados, locate Trados*.dot and locate and rename Normal.dot (Normal.dotc in my case), but nothing has solv
... See more
Dear colleagues,

My Trados toolbar in Word disappeared two days ago. I followed Jerzy's advice in the following thread (re-install Trados, locate Trados*.dot and locate and rename Normal.dot (Normal.dotc in my case), but nothing has solved my problem so far.

http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/5540-trados_55_disappeared_from_word.html

Do you have any other suggestions I could try? I work with SDL Trados Translator's Workbench 8.2.0.835 (Build 835) and Microsoft Word 2002 SP3.

Thank you in advance!

Stefanie
Collapse

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexico
Local time: 15:28
English to Spanish
Here, try this Dec 15, 2009

WORD > TOOLS > MACRO > MACROS > Trados*.dot > Add > Run

This should solve the problem.

Save Trados when you're out of Word.

Ronald van der Linden (X)
Ronald van der Linden (X)
Mexico
Dutch to English
+ ...
trados problem, not word Dec 15, 2009

Hi,

This worked for me when installing Trados doesn't provide the Trados bar in Word:
1) Close Word and Trados.

2) Go to Trados template directory (mine is like this)
C:\Program Files\SDL International\T2007\TT\Templates

3) copy trados template for windows (in my case: trados8.dot)
to your Word startup directory:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\STARTUP

Since you have worked with Trados and the bar suddenly dis
... See more
Hi,

This worked for me when installing Trados doesn't provide the Trados bar in Word:

Since you have worked with Trados and the bar suddenly disappeared, there could be another problem. If the above doesn't work, then I hope others can help.

Best,
Ronald
Collapse

Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
Trados 2007 toolbar disappeared in Word 2002" Dec 15, 2009

Stefanie Sendelbach wrote:

Dear colleagues,

My Trados toolbar in Word disappeared two days ago. I followed Jerzy's advice in the following thread (re-install Trados, locate Trados*.dot and locate and rename Normal.dot (Normal.dotc in my case), but nothing has solved my problem so far.

http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/5540-trados_55_disappeared_from_word.html

Do you have any other suggestions I could try? I work with SDL Trados Translator's Workbench 8.2.0.835 (Build 835) and Microsoft Word 2002 SP3.

Thank you in advance!

Stefanie

Sometimes, even wf.dot is correctly installed, you should activate the WF-toolbar visibility under the MS-Word menu: View > Tools > WF. An option we easily forget to verify ... Another litlle thing. I guess you sholud only rename the template name not change the file extension (to dotc), since then it will not be recognized anymore.

[Editado a las 2009-12-15 23:35 GMT]

Stefanie Sendelbach
Stefanie Sendelbach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Workaround Dec 17, 2009

Thank you all for your suggestions!

I found a workaround that at least allows me to continue with my translation: Besides my Trados8.dot I also found a Trados7.dot on my computer. I simply checked Trados7 and unchecked Trados8 under Tools > Templates and Add-ins in Word, and now it works again (though I get a warning that macros are disabled).

I might still try out your suggestions (Pablo, your idea was something I had already tried) when my little workaround gives up o
... See more
Thank you all for your suggestions!

I found a workaround that at least allows me to continue with my translation: Besides my Trados8.dot I also found a Trados7.dot on my computer. I simply checked Trados7 and unchecked Trados8 under Tools > Templates and Add-ins in Word, and now it works again (though I get a warning that macros are disabled).

I might still try out your suggestions (Pablo, your idea was something I had already tried) when my little workaround gives up on me or when I have a bit more time. But this thread should also be a helpful collection for colleagues who run into similar problems.

Best regards,

Stefanie
Collapse

Dragana Pokrajac
Dragana Pokrajac
English to Serbian
+ ...
this solved the toolbar problem, however the error 33353 - end of paragraph not found - appears Dec 14, 2010

Ronald van der Linden wrote:

Hi,

Since you have worked with Trados and the bar suddenly disappeared, there could be another problem. If the above doesn't work, then I hope others can help.

Best,
Ronald

Dragana Pokrajac
Dragana Pokrajac
English to Serbian
+ ...
thank you for this! It works! I have the toolbar back! However, error 33353 - reoccurs Dec 14, 2010

Hi,

Best,
Ronald

Your suggestion was efficient. I have the toolbar back, but the error 33353 - end of paragraph not found- reoccurs! Could it be connected to the toolbar problem? If you or anyone else has already had a similar problem, I would appreciate your help.
Thank you

Marie-Cécile Béal
Marie-Cécile Béal  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
One year later, exactly... Dec 15, 2010

Hi,

Best,
Ronald

This post saved my day, thanks a lot!

Dragana Pokrajac
Dragana Pokrajac
English to Serbian
+ ...
this helped, but an error mesage occured Dec 15, 2010

I followed the suggested recommendations and successfully solved the problem of toolbar disappearance in Windows 2007.

Now I have the toolbar on my new Word 2007, but an error 33353 "end of paragraph not found" reoccurs.

Namely, I was working with windows 2003, and I have Trados 2007 Freelance, and I changed to Windows 2007, successfully reinstalled Trados in it, had the problem with the toolbar, but solved it and now whenever I try to open/get a segment the abovement
... See more
I followed the suggested recommendations and successfully solved the problem of toolbar disappearance in Windows 2007.

Now I have the toolbar on my new Word 2007, but an error 33353 "end of paragraph not found" reoccurs.

Namely, I was working with windows 2003, and I have Trados 2007 Freelance, and I changed to Windows 2007, successfully reinstalled Trados in it, had the problem with the toolbar, but solved it and now whenever I try to open/get a segment the abovementioned error occurs.

Has anyone got an idea about what could the problem be?
Thank you
Collapse

Joana Guedes
Joana Guedes
Spanish to Portuguese
+ ...
This post saved my day, thanks a lot! TOO Apr 8, 2011

Hi,

Best,
Ronald

GABRIELA SILVIA MEZOÑA
GABRIELA SILVIA MEZOÑA  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
Years have past ... but your help is still effective! Dec 1, 2015

Hi,

Best,
Ronald

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 toolbar disappeared in Word 2002

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »