Thread poster: José Raeiro

José Raeiro  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 22:50
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
Dec 16, 2009

Hi,

I've created a TM with Workbench that I'm currently using. I need to export it to .tmx to be able to import it back to a new TM. Unfortunatelly, when I open the TM I want to export in Workbench, I don't have the option to export it, since this is greyed out.

Thank you,

José

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:50
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Open it exclusive Dec 16, 2009

Any import or export task in Trados requires that you open the memory in exclusive mode. There is a checkbox in the Open dialog that you have to check.

Other than this, I sincerely encourage you to seek training about Trados via some vendor or training center in your area. Trados is a rather industrial tool and knowing it better will save you tons of frustration and will make you more prepared to better serve your customers with Trados projects. Good luck!

José Raeiro  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 22:50
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Dec 21, 2009

I will!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Greyed out Export option in Workbench.

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search