https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/153535-making_passolo_glossary_glo_or_txt.html

Making Passolo Glossary (.glo or txt)
Thread poster: James Chan
James Chan
James Chan  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:28
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 16, 2009

Hi,

Does anyone know how to make a Passolo glossary in either .glo or .txt out of an Excel file with source and target terms in two columns. If it is not possible, how do we make such a glossary so that we can add it to Passolo as a glossary?

Thank you in advance.

James Chan

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:28
English to Czech
+ ...
Little experience Dec 16, 2009

Hi James,
I only have limited experience with Passolo (I usually use RC WinTrans), but have you tried saving the Excel file as tab-delimited text file? That's the first thing that comes to my mind.

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:28
French to Polish
+ ...
Tab separated Unicode file Dec 16, 2009

James Chan wrote:

Does anyone know how to make a Passolo glossary in either .glo or .txt out of an Excel file with source and target terms in two columns. If it is not possible, how do we make such a glossary so that we can add it to Passolo as a glossary?

You need just a tab separated Unicode text file.

For the columnt headers, by default, Passolo uses numeric codes, i. e. "21 1" for Polish, "10 1" for Spanish etc.
The list of codes can be found in the "Language IDs" in the Passolo help.

Cheers
GG

James Chan
James Chan  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:28
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 17, 2009

Thank you all. I will try your suggestion and let you know the result. Hopefully it does work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Making Passolo Glossary (.glo or txt)

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »