https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/153638-segments_are_not_saved_into_tm_if_word_crashes_when_using_trados_2007.html

Segments are not saved into TM if Word crashes when using Trados 2007
Thread poster: Yanina Altieri
Yanina Altieri
Yanina Altieri
Argentina
Local time: 09:12
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 17, 2009

I am using Trados 2007 and, a couple of times, Word crashed or my computer froze while I was translating using Workbench/Word.
When I used Trados Freelance 6.5 or 7, this was not so serious because I just needed to open the original document and just apply the TM to recover my work, but I have not been this lucky with Trados 2007. The only thing that helps is using the file recovered by Word. Translations are kept, but even though I closed all segments using the Set/Close Open/Get feature
... See more
I am using Trados 2007 and, a couple of times, Word crashed or my computer froze while I was translating using Workbench/Word.
When I used Trados Freelance 6.5 or 7, this was not so serious because I just needed to open the original document and just apply the TM to recover my work, but I have not been this lucky with Trados 2007. The only thing that helps is using the file recovered by Word. Translations are kept, but even though I closed all segments using the Set/Close Open/Get feature they are considered new translations and I need to save them again.
Has anyone had this problem? Have you been able to fix it?
I am using Office 2007 in a PC with Windows XP.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segments are not saved into TM if Word crashes when using Trados 2007

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »