Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:40
English to German
+ ...
Dec 18, 2009

TadEditor v.8.3.0.863 & InDesign CS4

Dear all,
I frequently translate InDesign *.inx documents from a number of customers, but files from one of my customers are causing me problems.

(BTW -- I have just installed all the latest filters etc. as mentioned in the SDL support database).

What occurs to me first of all is that the files are v. large compared to others, i.e. they are 1 to 2 MB instead of a few 100 kbs...

I try to open them in TagEditor and I get the error message

(80005): Unexpected error during forward conversion Parse()

When I open the *.inx in a text editor, it has a format, header, etc. unlike any of the *.inx files from my other customers -- i.e. "normal" is
===8
! aid style="33" type="document" DOMVersion="5.0" readerVersion="4.0"
===8

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Corrupt files? Dec 18, 2009

Hi Mike,
I only translate about twenty INX files a year, so I don't consider myself an expert on INX files. But as a comment:
1. 1 or 2 MB is definitely not large; I've dealt with files with a size around 50 MB
2. If there is a problem with parsing, it might suggest that the files are corrupt. Have you tried opening them directly in InDesign? Have you tried saving them as CS3?

Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your tips Dec 19, 2009

Unfortunately I don't have CS4. My customer contact has no idea what the problem is, so I guess I'll have to contact their CS4 operator...

Thanks anyway!
-Mike-

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor & InDesign: "Unexpected error during forward conversion Parse"

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search