SDLX analyse (Transit) help
Thread poster: szimat
szimat
Local time: 00:43
Dec 21, 2009

Hi!

Please help me out on this, I'm stuck...

I use SDLX, and for a particular project I have a TM which gives now around 50-55% 100% match for the new projects. Until now, I have used SDLX analyze for new projects. Now the buyer asks for a Transit log file, and I am not familiar with Transit.

The problem is, that they specified the analysis options in lines, which is something new for me.

What they ask: TM log file based on lines (55 character in one line).

I do not know how to do this in SDLX, to be correct, I do not know what this line means at all?

Is there an option in SDLX where I can specify this value (55 char in one line)?

If this is not possible in SDLX, is there a way to convert my SDLX TM (Microsoft Access) to a type that can be used in Transit, to create the analysis in Transit?

Thank you for your help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 01:43
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
File properties Dec 21, 2009

Open the language pair in Transit.
The properties function shows you how much has to be translated. From the character count you get the line number. The SDLX-TM is of no importance, the customer will pay according to the Transit count.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Heinrich

szimat
Local time: 00:43
TOPIC STARTER
fuzzy match Dec 22, 2009

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

Open the language pair in Transit.
The properties function shows you how much has to be translated. From the character count you get the line number. The SDLX-TM is of no importance, the customer will pay according to the Transit count.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Heinrich

Dear Heinrich,
thank you for your reply!
I will try with Transit, but this will be the first time that I use this software. But if I do the analysis for the given project without using the SDLX-TM in Transit, I will not have the fuzzy matches, repetitions, 100% matches in my log.

Or maybe I am missing something here?

Regards,
Szimat

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX analyse (Transit) help

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search