What is .... SDL Trados 2009 vs. SDL Multiterm vs. Passolo
Thread poster: Julie BEILLE - FOLTZ
Julie BEILLE - FOLTZ
France
Local time: 22:58
English to French
+ ...
Dec 21, 2009

I acquired Trados 2009: I followed some trainings but once in front of my project I'm a bit lost.
I'm puzzled as I do not know what are the followings and their different functions and use:
- SDL Trados 2009,
- SDL Multiterm,
- Passolo.

If you have a translation memory in Excel format is it possible to export it? And if yes, how?

I managed to open my document in Trados "format" and begin translating.

Thanks for your precious help

Julie

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-12-21 18:23 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Woodstock  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:58
German to English
+ ...
Differences in the SDL Trados products Dec 21, 2009

SDL Trados website:
http://www.trados.com/fr/freelance-translators/default.asp

The link is to the French language section, at the bottom left is a box with "Produits", which lists all of the programs you mention. It's a good place to start, and watch the 'how-to' videos. They are helpful, too.

Good luck

Woodstock

Edited to add: Research is an important part of a translator's job, so if you want to be successful as as a self-employed translator, this will also be a useful exercise as a point of departure.

[Edited at 2009-12-21 18:39 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is .... SDL Trados 2009 vs. SDL Multiterm vs. Passolo

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search