SDL Multiterm
Thread poster: Julie BEILLE - FOLTZ
Julie BEILLE - FOLTZ
France
Local time: 05:44
English to French
+ ...
Dec 21, 2009

As a new user of SDL Multiterm I tried to create a terminology database but it was a complete flop. Could you please tell me how to proceed?
I manage to choose languages (hopefully ...) and then I think I missed selecting some fields and I couldn't or didn't know where to add new words.....................Your help would be really great

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Maybe this simple description will help you a bit Dec 21, 2009

You can download a simple guide on creating a MultiTerm Termbase in MultiTermn 2007 here.
This guide is not perfect, but if you follow those steps your termbase can be setup very quickly. And once created it can be easilly used and extended in MT.

Julie BEILLE - FOLTZ
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not the same version of the product Dec 22, 2009

Hello,

I have SDL Multiterm 2009.
I can't locate Multiterm Convert. When you don't know the software the first steps are like a big maze so I need clear explanations, step by step and in French or English would be better.
Thanks for the link.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
The process with MT Convert didn't change since Dec 22, 2009

And you shall reinstall MultiTerm if you don't have MT Convert.
This is a part of MultiTerm software.
When you locate it, go through the process in COnvert, then create a new termbase and import the content from MT Convert into the new termbase.
The change is in Multiterm - the Termbase Catalogue is located differently and more easilly accessible. All other operations are nearly the same or very very similar.

Drew MacFadyen
Local time: 23:44
SITE STAFF
Training courses available via ProZ.com Dec 22, 2009

ProZ.com conducts online training for SDL Trados products including Multiterm. The next session is in February - http://www.proz.com/training/sdl_trados_multiterm_2009_for_translators-2608.html

View the full SDL Trados course list at - http://www.proz.com/training/sdl-trados/ and all training including some new self paced sessions via our eLearning platform at http://www.proz.com/training

Regards,

Drew

[edited link]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Multiterm

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search