Download of Trados 2009 stops prematurely
Thread poster: Joakim Löfberg
Joakim Löfberg
Local time: 23:40
English to Swedish
+ ...
Dec 23, 2009

A couple of days ago I purchased an upgrade from Trados 2007 Suite (Freelance) to the newest 2009 version, however I cannot download the software. There are three files within the purchase and two of them I can download successfully (Trados 2007 and Multiterm 2009) but not the actual Trados upgrade to Trados 2009. I have tried three times and every time the download stops at 202 MB (full size is 256 MB). It is very frustrating purchasing new software and then not being able to use it.

I have contacted SDL directly about this but they just refer to their knowledge database and ask if I have tried to do the alternative download via ftp, which I now have but with the same results.

Can you help me?

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 17:40
Spanish
+ ...
Save as... Dec 24, 2009

Hi Joakim,

Did you try using 'Save as' instead of 'Open link'? Besides using an FTP client, and if you use Firefox, you can use the addon DownThemAll to save it and resume the download if it stops. It worked for me.

Good luck,

Claudia

Joakim Löfberg
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Download completed -- thank you! Dec 25, 2009

Thank you Claudia,

I took your advice and the download was a success! I have now managed to download and install the software successfully and so I am happy again. Thank you so much for your posting! I think it must have been https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/201 that did the trick.

Thank you so much!

William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Similar problem, same solution Jan 10, 2011

I had a similar problem downloading Trados 2007 in order to reinstall - couldn't get past 15% the first time and 18% the second
Solved with Downthemall!
Thanks Claudia / Joakim

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Download of Trados 2009 stops prematurely

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search