Download of Trados 2009 stops prematurely
Thread poster: Joakim Löfberg

Joakim Löfberg
Local time: 20:16
English to Swedish
+ ...
Dec 23, 2009

A couple of days ago I purchased an upgrade from Trados 2007 Suite (Freelance) to the newest 2009 version, however I cannot download the software. There are three files within the purchase and two of them I can download successfully (Trados 2007 and Multiterm 2009) but not the actual Trados upgrade to Trados 2009. I have tried three times and every time the download stops at 202 MB (full size is 256 MB). It is very frustrating purchasing new software and then not being able to use it.

I have contacted SDL directly about this but they just refer to their knowledge database and ask if I have tried to do the alternative download via ftp, which I now have but with the same results.

Can you help me?

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 13:16
Spanish
+ ...
Save as... Dec 24, 2009

Hi Joakim,

Did you try using 'Save as' instead of 'Open link'? Besides using an FTP client, and if you use Firefox, you can use the addon DownThemAll to save it and resume the download if it stops. It worked for me.

Good luck,

Claudia

Joakim Löfberg
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Download completed -- thank you! Dec 25, 2009

Thank you Claudia,

I took your advice and the download was a success! I have now managed to download and install the software successfully and so I am happy again. Thank you so much for your posting! I think it must have been https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/201 that did the trick.

Thank you so much!icon_smile.gif

William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Similar problem, same solution Jan 10, 2011

I had a similar problem downloading Trados 2007 in order to reinstall - couldn't get past 15% the first time and 18% the second
Solved with Downthemall!
Thanks Claudia / Joakim

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Download of Trados 2009 stops prematurely

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search