International Translation Day 2017

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event on September 26-27th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

Trados activation problem (licencing)
Thread poster: Lucy Liang
Lucy Liang  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:59
Chinese to English
+ ...
Dec 27, 2009

Hi,

I know that we get to use Trados on two computers under one licence, but unfortunately I use it on both my laptop and my desktop and when I've reinstalled my desktop OS recently, I forgot to return the Trados license on my desktop. The problem is that now, I can't activate Trados on my desktop anymore (error message: maximum amount has reached...) , and I can't return that licence I forgot to return anymore either. I went through some of the older posts regarding returning license, and nothing worked. I wrote to Trados about this problem almost a week ago, and the only response I got so far is 'a Trados engineer will get back to me ASAP'. Can someone please help me?

Thank you in advance,

Lucy

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:59
English to Czech
+ ...
Wait for Trados support Dec 28, 2009

Hi Lucy,
I'm afraid there's no other solution but wait for the Trados Support guys to respond.

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:59
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
You do need SDL's help Dec 28, 2009

I had the same problem and only an SDL representative was able to free my blocked licence. It's the holiday season in Europe, so they may be responding slower.

Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 28, 2009

Hi Adam,

Yeah, I agree, unfortunately it's probably the only solution... thank you and happy holidays!

Lucy

Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Dec 28, 2009

Hi Stanislav,

Thank you. Patience is virtue, right? But it's driving me crazy, especially that I have a project on hand requiring TagEditor...

happy new year,

Lucy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados activation problem (licencing)

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search