Windows 7, Office 2000, Trados Freelance 2007, is it possible combination?
Thread poster: keiko miyazaki

keiko miyazaki
Canada
Local time: 04:10
English to Japanese
+ ...
Jan 2, 2010

I recently purchased a laptop with Windows 7. I currently have XP on my desktop, but my XP is the first version and when I tried to install XP on the laptop, they did not accept it...seems like it is too old for the laptop.

So, my question is, will the office 2000 work with Trados freelance suite 2007 on Windows 7? I know it will be fine with Office 2003, from what I have read so far on this forum. I also have Office 2007 at hand, but probably it won't work well on my laptop, also from what I have read on this forum...

I finally purchased a laptop for the freedom to work anywhere other than stuck in front of computer, and also for backup purpose. I will keep XP on my desktop, but don't know exactly what to do with Windows 7 on my laptop...

Can anybody help me?

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 10:10
Member (2008)
English to Czech
... Jan 2, 2010

I don't know about Word 2000, but if you have new Word 2007, just give it a go, why it should not work?icon_smile.gif The only issue I detected is that you should not install some part of 863 patch to keep spellcheck funcional, otherwise I have so far noticed no problematic behaviour (but I didn't test every possible scenario).

[Edited at 2010-01-02 15:42 GMT]

keiko miyazaki
Canada
Local time: 04:10
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 11, 2010

Thank you for your quick reply, Tomas.

At the end, I succeeded to install XP over Windows 7, and so far, it is working fine either with Word 2000 or Word 2007 (2000 on desktop and 2007 on laptop). I was not sure to do that on Windows 7, it has not been long time since it was released...

Thank you again, Tomas!

Marina Puertas  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:10
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Workbench bar Jul 9, 2010

Hello,
This is my first translation with Word 2007. The problem is that I do not know how to add the Workbench bar to the Word Toolbar, any suggestions?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows 7, Office 2000, Trados Freelance 2007, is it possible combination?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search