https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/154607-tageditor_error_while_creating_target_file.html

TagEditor error while creating target file
Thread poster: roeland
roeland
roeland  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 05:21
Member (2008)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Jan 5, 2010

Hi,

I am not a regular user of tageditor but sometimes it is required. I processed two files from inx. Translation worked ok but when I create the target file there is an error message "resource (tag) with ID has been inserted of modified at control ID " and the target file is not created. How can I bypass this and why is the change there? it is in a segment that was not not edited.

thanks in advance
roeland

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Why don't you tell us the whole truth? Jan 5, 2010

You are obviously translating an InDesign file.
As this process is extremly sensitive to Trados version and to version conflicts, before anyone will be able to help you really we must know:
- Which Trados version are you using
- Which version of InDesign is involved
- Which version of Trados has been used to create the ttx file
- Was the ttx file created on your system?

Thomas Hirsch
Thomas Hirsch  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to German
+ ...
dont change file names Jan 5, 2010

Jerzy is right, but anyway: make sure that you do not touch the file names, not even the source files name. It is a highly sensible process, and when I first did, I had an error due to changing a file name before saving to target file. Even renaming the file with its original name did not solve the problem then, I had to open the InDesign document again, apply the TM, and then I could save to target file.

But this is just a clumsy users botchery. Better you find a pro answerer... See more
Jerzy is right, but anyway: make sure that you do not touch the file names, not even the source files name. It is a highly sensible process, and when I first did, I had an error due to changing a file name before saving to target file. Even renaming the file with its original name did not solve the problem then, I had to open the InDesign document again, apply the TM, and then I could save to target file.

But this is just a clumsy users botchery. Better you find a pro answerer
Thomas
Collapse

roeland
Netherlands
Member (2008)
German to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks, problem solved Jan 10, 2010

hi,

thanks for your replies. Just for the record, I am using trados Workbencg version 8.3.0.863, the InDesiegn version is not known nor the trados version that was used to create the ttx but since both were supplied by the agency, I assume that the latest versions are used for everything. Also, I am not sure this matters since I have used both the inx and the supplied ttx before without problems, I was just asked to make modificatiosn in the final file that was ok first time.
... See more
hi,

thanks for your replies. Just for the record, I am using trados Workbencg version 8.3.0.863, the InDesiegn version is not known nor the trados version that was used to create the ttx but since both were supplied by the agency, I assume that the latest versions are used for everything. Also, I am not sure this matters since I have used both the inx and the supplied ttx before without problems, I was just asked to make modificatiosn in the final file that was ok first time.

Anyway, I decided just for fun to convert everything to SDLX, made the modifications and was able to recreate both the ttx and the inx from there without problems. Also the agency confirmed that the final InDesign files are rebuild witjhout problems.

thanks for you help though. I am still curious how these sponteneous errors occur.

ciao
roeland
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
The slightest difference in Trados version used causes this behaviour Jan 10, 2010

InDesign and INX are very tricky environment.
What I wrote was not without a reason: if you have 8.3.0.863 without any InDesign patches and your customer has in the meantime installed the InDesign patch, then you have the reason - and this is very likely, as you mention, that it worked previously.

roeland
Netherlands
Member (2008)
German to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
that could be hte explanation Jan 10, 2010

thanks, this could indeed very well be the reason. I have not installed any InDesign patches, at least not separately and there was about 6 weeks between the jobs, enough time to mess things up

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Applying patches is not equal to messing up Jan 10, 2010

Roeland wrote:

thanks, this could indeed very well be the reason. I have not installed any InDesign patches, at least not separately and there was about 6 weeks between the jobs, enough time to mess things up

End especially when it comes to InDesign patches did help a lot to get the process runing nearly flawlesly.
You might want to check the article 1893 on http://talisma.sdl.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor error while creating target file

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »